Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PC Keith Palmer.Remember him at the next home match.

13»

Comments

• Options

Need to be realistic about this. There will be hundreds more, not thousands. My wife and I will be breaking our boycott I also want to see us secure three more towards avoiding League 2 for our new owners.

You're probably right if there isn't an organised effort to fill the stadium.
    If both sides of the Charlton argument can call a truce for this match and get a message out to the public, then the ground could be filled.
    It would need the club to announce tickets to be reduced price and/or sales to be donated to the Palmer fund, but in my view, more importantly, there should be a campaign to get supporters of other clubs to attend too. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people around London or even further afield who would be willing to attend a game for this reason, regardless of who's playing.
    Some might be worried about trouble if a load of fans from other clubs are in the ground, but I think people know what's right and what's important.
    And this is right and important.
  • Options
    I can see Meire desperate to call a tribute but she will be advised that there is a significant risk that if the gate isn't materially better it would be counter-productive. I think they will sit on their hands, particularly for a night match. They could well see what they get without any announcement and then call it for Southend or Swindon, although they would probably need to do something with ticket pricing to encourage 'thousands' more to return. They will also be worried it could be a relegation six pointer they could lose!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

bbob said:

dabos said:

if we weren't to attend a peaceful moment outside the ground?, good to see the club on its twitter feed reporting it, would be a good idea like someone suggested to take the seat out and maybe put a plaque there.

With this regime you can guarantee you'd still be able to purchase the seat for the next home game if they did this
    Wow surely we can keep the anti regime rhetoric out of this thread?
    To be fair, I notice that the op couldn't help using this terrible tragedy to have a surreptitious dig at the anti regime protesters, so that's just as crass and uncalled for.

But then again he's got form.
    I'm no fan of the OP but I don't see the surreptitious dig.
  • Options

Off_it said:

bbob said:

dabos said:

if we weren't to attend a peaceful moment outside the ground?, good to see the club on its twitter feed reporting it, would be a good idea like someone suggested to take the seat out and maybe put a plaque there.

With this regime you can guarantee you'd still be able to purchase the seat for the next home game if they did this
    To be fair, I notice that the op couldn't help using this terrible tragedy to have a surreptitious dig at the anti regime protesters, so that's just as crass and uncalled for.

I see no dig either.
  • Options

Off_it said:

bbob said:

dabos said:

I don't get the flag either.
  • Options

Off_it said:

bbob said:

dabos said:

I don't get the flag either.
    Only thing I can think of that could possibly be described as a surreptitious dog is the request to wear red and white when a number of people are wearing black and white.

I didn't read it as that and also can't see any reason for the flag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I knew Keith when he was in the Royal Artillery at Grove Park. He was a good soldier. But bloody hell he turned out to be a brave Copper. In the Army you are normally with your group of mates. As a Copper you act and stand on your own as Keith did.

Keith was a Charlton man and I would urge everyone who can to attend the match next Tuesday.

Well said. I've bought a ticket for Tuesday so i can pay my respects.
  • Options

I can imagine there is a general doubt on whether a rearranged midweek fixture or the following Saturday is the best for a recognised tribute.

It would be helpful if the club could make a firm decision early in the week on plans so this can be clarified and efforts can then be taken to try and maximise the turnout

We all know the club has difficulties with coordination and PR. But in the interest of a temporary truce, and in fairness, we don't really know what the communications with PC Palmer's family have been like, and how they feel about such large and public gestures. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a loved one in such a manner, but to also have it be so public could very well bring many mixed emotions

I'm not trying to speak for the family, more just interject that they're the variable here, and that it may be that case that they're not comfortable with such a large gesture while they grieve.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I can imagine there is a general doubt on whether a rearranged midweek fixture or the following Saturday is the best for a recognised tribute.

It would be helpful if the club could make a firm decision early in the week on plans so this can be clarified and efforts can then be taken to try and maximise the turnout

We all know the club has difficulties with coordination and PR. But in the interest of a temporary truce, and in fairness, we don't really know what the communications with PC Palmer's family have been like, and how they feel about such large and public gestures. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a loved one in such a manner, but to also have it be so public could very well bring many mixed emotions

I'm not trying to speak for the family, more just interject that they're the variable here, and that it may be that case that they're not comfortable with such a large gesture while they grieve.
    I think that it is more that the Family Liaison officers will be, quite rightly, protecting the family from intrusions.

I believe that the club have some very good tributes lined up but are waiting for approval, as they should, from the family.

I know everyone wants to know but rather that we wait a little longer to get it right.
  • Options
    Spot on, well played CAFC

Will be there
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!