Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best long songs on the jukebox.

2»

Comments

• Options

A few months ago I was in a pub and someone in my group went and stuck Barbie Girl by Aqua on the Jukebox.
    One of the old regulars in the pub objected to it and came and had a word with us but still had to listen to the rest of it.

We then went back to the Jukebox and paid enough to put it on 5 times in a row and left.

Still wonder what his reaction would've been when it came on for the 4th, 5th and 6th time.

Reminds me of a group of lads who got banned from a bar for putting on SL2's On a Ragga Tip 15 times in a row.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

A few months ago I was in a pub and someone in my group went and stuck Barbie Girl by Aqua on the Jukebox.
    One of the old regulars in the pub objected to it and came and had a word with us but still had to listen to the rest of it.

We then went back to the Jukebox and paid enough to put it on 5 times in a row and left.

Still wonder what his reaction would've been when it came on for the 4th, 5th and 6th time.

Reminds me of a group of lads who got banned from a bar for putting on SL2's On a Ragga Tip 15 times in a row.
    15 times is an excellent effort
  • Options
    Love me tender - Roland Rat
    My Roland - Kevin The Gerbil
  • Options
    Back in the dog days of the '70s, there used to be a pub next to Friars, Aylesbury, where the jukebox was stuffed full of great songs. Going in there for a pint and some music was a good warm-up for then popping over the road for a gig by the likes of Siouxsie, The Clash, SLF, Undertones, The Cure, etc., etc., etc.
  • Options
    Put on anything by Coldplay. They might not be the longest songs but will feel like it.
  • Options

Put on anything by Coldplay. They might not be the longest songs but will feel like it.

May be best to check there isn't anyone around who's thinking of committing suicide.
  • Options
    Born slippy by underworld
  • Options
    Hotel California - The Eagles
  • Options
    Was in a metal pub a while back and they had Powerslave in there. Got me money's worth by putting Rime of the Ancient Mariner on...
  • Options
    A few months back my mate, Daryl, almost went crazy cos someone kept playing 'Easy Street' by The Collapsible (sic) Hearts Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Back in the 70s there used to be a wine bar opposite Bromley South station called Cherries.
    Every night when it came to last orders the guvner would put Free Bird on.
    You had until the end of the record to get served.
    Great song,great memories
  • Options

The idea is to put a long song on to prevent anyone playing something pony ;)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

The idea is to put a long song on to prevent anyone playing something pony ;)
    You've got it!