Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Walsall - Preview

2»

Comments

• cabbles said:

Charlton Athletic v Walsall
    Saturday 11th March 2017 … 3pm Kick-Off
    Referee: Nicholas Kinseley

Introduction

With just two Saturday matches remaining at the Valley after this Weekend,

Really? Just the 2 home games left? Wow, it's not that I doubt you, but it just seems absurd that we've used up all our home games.

I like Walsall - great atmosphere at their tiny stadium, nice social club and it must be a Meire being the bottom club in the W Midlands... I think that the consolidationalists (aka @cabbles) might get their dream ticket here - 2-2 - which wouldn't be a bad result against a side pushing for the play-offs.

We need to chase down the 21 draws needed to break the record
  • Now that we are staying up i don't see any point in playing loan players unless we are going to sign them permanently at the end of the season.
    I would much rather we have a look at some of our younger players to see if they look good enough to challenge next season

That makes too much sense for it to happen.
  • @Mark_West49... In response to your question (I've not quoted it as the quotes appear messed up) our final home games are:

Tuesday 14th March ... Bradford City
    Saturday 25th March ... Milton Keynes Dons
    Saturday 8th April ... Southend United
    Monday 17th April ... Gillingham
    Sunday 30th April ... Swindon Town

Like you say it's amazing the season it almost over, feels like it was only yesterday when I was getting married (the day the Football League season kicked off)
  • edited March 2017

@Mark_West49... In response to your question (I've not quoted it as the quotes appear messed up) our final home games are:

Tuesday 14th March ... Bradford City
    Saturday 25th March ... Milton Keynes Dons
    Saturday 8th April ... Southend United
    Monday 17th April ... Gillingham
    Sunday 30th April ... Swindon Town

Like you say it's amazing the season it almost over, feels like it was only yesterday when I was getting married (the day the Football League season kicked off)

5 homes left @ForeverAddickted - time flies all the same!
    Sat (h) v Walsall
    14/3 (h) v Bradford
    18/3 (a) v S Utd
    25/3 (h) v Franchise
    1/4 (a) v P'boro
    8/4 (h) v Southend
    14/8 (a) v Coventry
    17/8 (h) v Gills
    22/8 (a) v C'field
    30/8 (h) v Swindon

edit: 4 plus Walsall - think it's Bradford you missed off the list...! Call me a pedant!!!
  • RedChaser said:

SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

No offence AFKA but what's happened to Forever Addicted, I'm a creature of habit :wink: .

I've been hitting F5 every few minutes because I'm jonesing for my match preview.

Also, @AFKABartram, JFK is gonna be out for quite a while due to what can only be described as "a rather serious and permanent head injury."
    Taken out by LHO? :open_mouth:
    Who was taken out by JR.
  • 1StevieG said:

RedChaser said:

SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

No offence AFKA but what's happened to Forever Addicted, I'm a creature of habit :wink: .

I've been hitting F5 every few minutes because I'm jonesing for my match preview.

Also, @AFKABartram, JFK is gonna be out for quite a while due to what can only be described as "a rather serious and permanent head injury."
    Taken out by LHO? :open_mouth:
    Who was taken out by JR.
    Who was taken out by Krysten
  • Really thought back in August when we beat Walsall 2-1 that we were a play off team. How wrong can you be. Saw Walsall at Wimbledon a couple of weeks ago and both teams were terrible as Walsall lost. They cannot win away from home and dare I say it....back to back wins beckon...2-0 Charlton
  • Draw 2-2
  • MrLargo said:

Expecting a carnival atmosphere at The Valley tomorrow, as we celebrate taking a huge step towards League 1 survival following the scintillating midweek victory over Skatrienhorpe United.

Karl said in his pre-match bullshits that “we’re in a false position with the talent this club possesses, we’re a match for anybody as we showed on Tuesday.” Difficult to see how you can be in a false position with three quarters of the season already gone. Also difficult to see how you can claim to be a match for anybody when you’ve spent the previous 6 weeks not winning a game and losing to 4 sides below you in the table.

Anyway, the highlight of Saturday was supposed to be the opportunity to subject our useless CEO to a Guantanamo Bay-style interrogation, but unfortunately it transpires that she's double-booked, both tomorrow and on the 25th. I smell a rat, and for once it isn't Roland. There's an opportunity here for someone to make themself a hero. We were due to meet her between 1pm and 2pm - can anyone get a photo of her partaking in her alternative important early afternoon engagement?! Most likely places to find her are in Toni and Guy, on the sofa at home, in a cupboard updating her Facebook profile or in Cabbles' bedroom receiving cultural enlightenment.

On the pitch, back to the comforting familiarity of a boring 1-1 draw.

Funnily enough before leaving today for my trip to Axminster to see my old dear I did glance at some old copies of Wonderpedia magazine (discontinued now) sitting unopened on my ottoman. Plenty of cultural enlightenment in those. And if she's done with them I've plenty of goal rushes sky plused that I've yet to watch.

She better not touch the tablet and go into search history though
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton's surge toward mid-table ignominy continues apace.
  • Another 3 points in the bag . 3-0 to the rejuvenated Addicks .
  • 3-0
    The play offs are in reach
  • Charlton 1-1 Walsall
  • Once again illness rather than boycott keeps me away from my beloved Valley.
    Have to say I can't identify with those who say they don't feel anything anymore.
    I feel utter despondency and frustration.
    I have no idea how we will shape up as I haven't been to a game since Millwall.
    I'll go with 1-0 addicks.
  • A winning run- say 5 straight wins- and we'd be sniffing round the top 6. Another defeat, and Roly's Operation League 2 could be back on. So, probably a draw.
  • Karl before the game featuring a furry phone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_A6As41cvw
  • edited March 2017
    They've done the double over Sheffield United and had some other good results although Sheffield was their last away win in November.

Will be a tight affair, problem is we don't have two goals in us so a 0-0/1-1 humdinger is on the cards if defensively we perform, otherwise it'll be a 1-2/1-3 away win for them and we start to look over our shoulders again especially if Vale get something from Swindon. 19th - 22nd play each other today.......

If Vale win and we don't it's 6 point gap and they have 3 games in hand.

If Jacko's fit to start I think we'll be Ok......

• edited March 2017
    Rob7Lee said:

They've done the double over Sheffield United and had some other good results although Sheffield was their last away win in November.

Will be a tight affair, problem is we don't have two goals in us so a 0-0/1-1 humdinger is on the cards if defensively we perform, otherwise it'll be a 1-2/1-3 away win for them and we start to look over our shoulders again especially if Vale get something from Swindon. 19th - 22nd play each other today.......

If Vale win and we don't it's 6 point gap and they have 3 games in hand.

If Jacko's fit to start I think we'll be Ok......

Apart from:
    Port Vale 0-1 Walsall Mon 26 Dec

Hopefully we'll have some confidence after Tuesday's improved performance. I'm hoping we start with a 442 formation, and fancy 3-1 (or my old favourite, 4-3)
  • If the Charlton team that wants to win the ball turns up then 4-0 to the Addicks. If the Charlton team that wants somebody else to win the ball turns up then 2-0 to Walsall
  • Sponsored links:

• Wish the lads well. Hope they win. Think they'll win. Not going #BoycottContinues #RolandOut That's it, really. 2-1 Charlton
  • with safety achieved (although I'd like two more wins to feel more comfortable), and at home again after a midweek win, the confidence should be better....back to back wins for a change, surely...
  • MrLargo said:

Karl said in his pre-match bullshits that “we’re in a false position with the talent this club possesses, we’re a match for anybody as we showed on Tuesday.” Difficult to see how you can be in a false position with three quarters of the season already gone. Also difficult to see how you can claim to be a match for anybody when you’ve spent the previous 6 weeks not winning a game and losing to 4 sides below you in the table.

What he meant was: he can see that we've got some talented players - but hasn't a clue how to form them into a balanced and successful team.

Best ask Jacko how to do it then, Karl.

• Now that we are staying up i don't see any point in playing loan players unless we are going to sign them permanently at the end of the season.
    I would much rather we have a look at some of our younger players to see if they look good enough to challenge next season

And so would Duchebag