Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oldham swap home end for the games against Sheffield United and Bolton

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/supporter-relocation-for-sheffield-united-bolton-wanderers-3610852.aspx

Oldham Athletic have made the decision to relocate supporters for the Sky Bet League One fixtures against Sheffield United (March 25) and Bolton Wanderers (April 15).
The decision will see home fans in the Jimmy Frizzell stand moved to the Chaddy End temporarily for those two games.

Commenting on the decision, chief executive Mark Moisley said: “This is not a decision we have taken lightly or without a great deal of consideration.

“One of the key reasons for changing the away section two years ago was to avoid having to move our season ticket holders from their seat for some games, as we are now having to do with these two fixtures.

“We also understand the impact on our disabled supporters and the family section, and we apologise to all supporters who will be inconvenienced by this.

“The timing is far from ideal given that season tickets for 2017/18 will be shortly going on sale.

“We are faced, however, with a situation where up to 1,500 away supporters for each of these fixtures are unable to get tickets, whilst we have around 6,000 empty seats in the stadium.

“From a financial perspective, over these two games this could be a potential loss to us of over £50,000, and is something we simply cannot afford to ignore.
An interesting decision, thinking back to the Bournemouth controversy here 2 season ago. I can imagine the financial incentive, but it can't be going down well with the supporters (even if the Chaddy End used to be the home end before)

Comments

• Just puts football outside of the Premier League into perspective. £50k is enough to relocate their own fans where as the top sides have players earning that each day.

I was unhappy about our decision to move fans for out game with Bournemouth, even though it didn't affect me personally, but if the money was that important, and we were that skint I think I would have begrudgingly accepted it.
  • Would not be happy with this at the Valley ... so the SMT are bound to think about it :wink:
  • Could see us close the JS and put away fans in the East, given that's where our boxes are I couldn't see us closing the East permanently. Closing the West Upper is also highly likely if this keeps up
  • edited March 2017
    Ignore their whole statement because the only part they really mean is this:

“From a financial perspective".

Football is dead.