Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Record stadium capacity for a league 2 team

2»

Comments

• cabbles said:

If we went down, would we hold the record for stadium capacity at league 2 level (ie since the prem was established. I know prior to that grounds used to hold 1000s through standing etc)

The Prem had been going for a decade before the birth of League 2
  • cabbles said:

If we went down, would we hold the record for stadium capacity at league 2 level (ie since the prem was established. I know prior to that grounds used to hold 1000s through standing etc)

The Prem had been going for a decade before the birth of League 2
    Or division 3 - I just meant in modern times etc
  • And the remaining 2 were string vest sellers.
  • ross1 said:

stonemuse said:

What was Millwall's capacity in 64/65?

40 of them were evicted before the game started
    They were West Ham fans.
  • "The highest average league attendance in the Fourth Division was 19,092, achieved by Crystal Palace in the 1960/61 season. The highest attendance at an individual match was recorded the same season: 37,774 for the Good Friday game at Selhurst Park between Crystal Palace and Millwall."

From Wikipedia
  • Has it come to this....i am imagining myself in 10yearstime on the sidelines of a sunday league pitch supporting what will be the future charlton...bloody hell
  • Has it come to this....i am imagining myself in 10yearstime on the sidelines of a sunday league pitch supporting what will be the future charlton...bloody hell

You could well be a linesman.
  • Just a bit worried that I hear we are currently averaging over 20,000 a game with an under-performing team in L1.

A L2 promotion push next season could see the demand well past the 30,000 mark.

Our ground is potentially to small for us.
  • stonemuse said:

What was Millwall's capacity in 64/65?

50 of them were West Ham when it kicked off