Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Friend Having An Absolute Mare

Misses Tyrone Mings commit what I can only describe as almost the sickest thing I've ever seen on a football pitch in stamping on Ibra's head, then misses Ibra getting his revenge on Mings with a forearm smash and finally books Surman twice but doesn't send him off 'til someone in his ear points out that he has to. All in the space of two minutes.

Comments

• Options
    Mings should be sacked, any other context and he gets jail time.
  • Options
    Mings an utter disgrace. I'm amazed Ibra waited till the corner to flatten him. Jose having a right go at him in the tunnel.
  • Options
    Stamp on the side of the head - no card
    Elbow in the face - no card
    Slight push - early bath son!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    This game has at least 3 reds in it. Should be an entertaining second half.
  • Options
    Mouriniho pulled Mings in the tunnel going back onto the pitch. I don't know what Arter was trying to defend. You can't defend head stamping.
  • Options
    Mings surely facing a long ban. Couple of inches the other way and that's a stud in the guys eye. Shocking.
  • Options
    The sooner we have video replays the better.
  • Options

Mings surely facing a long ban. Couple of inches the other way and that's a stud in the guys eye. Shocking.

Yes he will. And Ibra will get a 3 match ban too unless Friend says that he saw it ans thought it was accidental!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Do the refs ever use the assistants properly? IMHO the reason they are so crap is that they don't play as a team ( bit like Charlton really).

Await Mr Gage to tell me that all refs are brilliant and never cock things up.
    Smiley thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't have satellite but You Tube videos already uploaded. Great tackle and I don't see that "stamp" as intentional - his eyes are following the ball throughout IMO.
  • Options

Don't have satellite but You Tube videos already uploaded. Great tackle and I don't see that "stamp" as intentional - his eyes are following the ball throughout IMO.

Mings looks down to see where Ibra is.
  • Options

What? Have another look. He has a quick glance to see where he his on the ground and then have some of that.
  • Options

No.
    Why not? Works brilliantly in cricket,rugby union and rugby league. Not to mention line calls at Wimbledon.
    Agreed. The official miss so much.
  • Options
    Only sport in the world with Professional referees and probably the worst officiated sport in the world. Far too many mistakes every single week.
  • Options
    He has now given a soft penalty to United. Justice has been done it is saved by Boruc
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

What? Have another look. He has a quick glance to see where he his on the ground and then have some of that.
    You Tube may not be the best place to look - I'll have to wait until MOTD tonight now - that might change my point of view.
  • Options

No.
    Why not? Works brilliantly in cricket,rugby union and rugby league. Not to mention line calls at Wimbledon.
    Agree, some people just can't handle change I guess. The game is to fast and the sport has too much money involved for wrong decisions to be made. It can only be for the better.
  • Options
    Shocking refereeing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

You Tube may not be the best place to look - I'll have to wait until MOTD tonight now - that might change my point of view.
  • Options
    Clearly deliberate. Picking a fight with Ibra is not a very smart move. Lucky he didn't get a Kung fu kick to the face.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Leuth said:

That doesn't seem deliberate to me. Trips over Rooney, little control where he lands

Which, if it was deliberate, is what he is relying on. Very tough to definitively say he meant it... I can't call it either way, again, the horror of a dirty malicious attack or the unfortune of someone who made a genuine mistake.

Interested to see what happens
  • Options
    Leuth said:

That doesn't seem deliberate to me. Trips over Rooney, little control where he lands

I don't think he trips over Rooney and he clearly looks down before stamping on Ibra but then looks up, in my opinion, to make it look like it was accidental.

I don't think Ibra's assertion that Ming's head made contact with his elbow will wash anyway - not when he's bringing the elbow as far back as he did.
  • Options
    Minus looked an accident to me, Ibra knew exactly what he was doing
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Precisely why video replay evidence is doomed to fail in football.
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Now had the opportunity to see it and I'll stick with the original view - not guilty of deliberately stamping on him deliberately. Ibrahimovic on the other hand is banged to rights for the elbow (and for going over like a big girl's blouse when Surman "pushed" him).
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

Now had the opportunity to see it and I'll stick with the original view - not guilty of deliberately stamping on him deliberately. Ibrahimovic on the other hand is banged to rights for the elbow (and for going over like a big girl's blouse when Surman "pushed" him).
    So did he accidently stamp on him deliberately, or deliberately stamp on him accidently ?!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I've seen it about ten times now and this is my take as well. But the commentators here in the states, and the pundits here in the studio, all seemed to come down on the "awful, malicious stamp" side, as have many on here. Mings and Ibra had been going at it all day long leading up to that incident, but to me that would have to be a really, really precise jump and landing to be deliberate. Also, Ibra's elbow was disgusting.

I'll be very curious to hear what Mings has to say for himself. He seems a really nice lad, which shouldn't be an excuse.