Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another article on the protests including statement from club - Guardian

2»

Comments

• Options
    What a load of bollocks
  • Options
    And so, the ' making it up as we go along ' strategy rumbles on.
  • Options

The Roy100 character in the comments section is a real charmer, or Tony K, I just can't make up my mind...

'Roy100' has got nothing on 'NewToryVoter', who seems to have registered on the guardian website earlier today, to then post the lie that Roland 'isn't robbing the club blind'. Wonder who he (and it will be a he) is in real life?
    Havent read the comments but Nigel Williamson who posts on ITTV nearly always posts a comment under such national press articles

• Options
    edited March 2017

The Roy100 character in the comments section is a real charmer, or Tony K, I just can't make up my mind...

'Roy100' has got nothing on 'NewToryVoter', who seems to have registered on the guardian website earlier today, to then post the lie that Roland 'isn't robbing the club blind'. Wonder who he (and it will be a he) is in real life?
    Havent read the comments but Nigel Williamson who posts on ITTV nearly always posts a comment under such national press articles

Read the comment, it all sounds very familiar ;-)
  • Options
    cabbles said:

to be fair the statement from them is one of their better ones (comparatively speaking). Usually they put their foot very heavily in their mouth with these things

Yes the problem is they're liars
  • Options
    Greenie said:

“We understand our supporters were disappointed with last season’s relegation and this season’s current league position”

BUT, they dont understand, do they? This very statement shows that they dont.

PATRONISING FUCKWITS
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

McBobbin said:

The only I want douchebag to dance is when I'm peppering the floor between his feet with blasts from my old service revolver

You're not aiming high enough
  • Options

Greenie said:

“We understand our supporters were disappointed with last season’s relegation and this season’s current league position”

BUT, they dont understand, do they? This very statement shows that they dont.

Exactly this.

Supporters feel let down that they were promised a promotion challenge but are currently entering a relegation battle.
    Personally it doesn't matter to me about them promising a promotion challenge but currently entering a relegation battle, that isn't the point. We know they're liars anyway so you shouldn't have believed it but their policies are killing the club as we know it, thats the important matter & the liars can dress it up as they choose about low crowds are because of relegation. This is what they don't understand & I wonder if you do ?
    That is the essence of it.
    If we go down again, but the filth running our great club leave, I will be back at the Valley.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

McBobbin said:

The only I want douchebag to dance is when I'm peppering the floor between his feet with blasts from my old service revolver

You're not aiming high enough
    If that was me I'd still miss anyway, now give me a football and I'd fancy my chances :wink: .
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

On Saturday morning, around 1,400 Charlton Athletic supporters will tuck into a free breakfast at The Valley and board the coaches laid on by the club to transport them to Sixfields for their match at Northampton.

1400 free breakfasts at the Valley?

We taking 1400 on the coaches
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    clb74 said:

Dansk_Red said:

On Saturday morning, around 1,400 Charlton Athletic supporters will tuck into a free breakfast at The Valley and board the coaches laid on by the club to transport them to Sixfields for their match at Northampton.

1400 free breakfasts at the Valley?

We taking 1400 on the coaches
    Ha, no, I've seen about 150 mentioned.
  • Options
    My problem with this is that it had not only a definite story line it was factually inaccurate and very poorly researched. Complete bollocks basically.

1400 to Northampton, that was the final figure after CAFC top brass heard about the campaign, it was say 400 before then.

We will never make 1400, this will cost the club/us this is the point that should have been made.
  • Options
    As I say, I think this is more that journalists get several feeds of information, and, with reducing ad revenues, an increasingly short term focus for many.

Gone are the days where you are out on the beers all day every day getting closer to a scoop that changes the way the world works.
  • Options
    FYI - The first Guardian feedback comment, under the name Kentankerous, is from Nigel/Incorruptible Addict and is exactly the same as the one he posted under his own name under the Independent article!