Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If we stuck with Slade....

Would we be any better? Worse?

I think everyone would be moaning about Slade and calling for him to get sacked every game but we would still be much better off, points wise.

He was no messiah...by a long shot.

Probably more grounded though. There would be more points on the board.

Just proves what an absolute piss poor state of a circus our club is.

We got rid of Slade....and got Robinson in.

To give us a better promotion push.

That Swindon 3-0 defeat was a terrible game but a one off in terms of results surrounding it.

I guess thats the power of hindsight...

Comments

• Who ever comes in as manager should get a whole season ,even if I don't like them
  • we would be in 13th
  • Both shite managers
    In any case until we have an owner who will support his manager in the transfer window all is irrelevant
  • If we had been patient.
  • clb74 said:

Who ever comes in as manager should get a whole season ,even if I don't like them

a whole season of Robinson Crusoe !!? .. f f s spare us
  • clb74 said:

Who ever comes in as manager should get a whole season ,even if I don't like them

a whole season of Robinson Crusoe !!? .. f f s spare us
    Yes
  • Dave2l said:

I think everyone would be moaning about Slade and calling for him to get sacked every game but we would still be much better off, points wise.

That Swindon 3-0 defeat was a terrible game but a one off in terms of results surrounding it.

Just the same as Birmingham sacking Rowett and replacing him with Zola really
  • uie2 said:

Dave2l said:

Just the same as Birmingham sacking Rowett and replacing him with Zola really
    Actually no!
  • Worse, we wouldn't have the points from Nugent.
  • Sponsored links:

• to state the obvious, we'll never know .. Slade had a good eye for a player but was too timid and too defensive minded .. a better talent spotter than manager, a bit like Les Reed .. he might have brought in some decent players in the last window .. we'll never know
    I am REALLY struggling to think of anything genuinely positive that Robinson has brought to the club .. his contributions so far are rubbish tactics, indifferent players (yes, he was probably let down financially by Duchatelet, but even so), terrible results and a non stop stream of ear bendingly inane jawing and excuse making
  • Coventry would be doing better
  • As has been said numerous times it matters little who manages us. We will always have similar or worse seasons to this one with RD and KM around.
  • Slade seemed to go for more experienced players than Robinson. Crofts, Novak, Foley, Pearce etc whereas Robinson seems to be interested in a younger team, as a deliberate policy

To me letting go of Foley was a mistake, the sort of back up player we need right now, even if you wouldn't want him starting alongside Crofts and Jacko in midfield
  • None of them are shit managers. We just have a shit owner.
  • Not sure if we would be better or worse - we would be shite either way.

Never thought I'd see a manager so defensive in his tactics as Bob Peeters, but Slade absolutely blew him out of the water on that front somehow.
  • until we have owners that act responsibly instead of greedy pigs in a trough we will see no success.
  • Can't see things would be any different. Even old Russ was getting frustrated towards the end. The club is not set up to succeed, therefore barring a miracle, no manager will be able to turn this ship around.