Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Remaining games - how many points?

I'm curious as to what people's predictions are for the run in - mine are

(A) Northampton - lose
(H) Scunthorpe - lose
(H) Walsall - draw
(H) Bradford - lose
(A) Sheff Utd - lose
(H) MK Dons - win
(A) Peterborough - lose
(H) Southend - lose
(A) Coventry - win
(H) Gillingham - draw
(A) Chesterfield - win
(H) Swindon - lose

I appreciate a lot can happen, i.e. KR could get the boot and all of a sudden "the 40 percent" start playing again....

But that's 10pts from 12 games for me

Comments

• Wont beat MK Dons for starters

Wont want to upset his former club who he cares about so much
  • How many points?

Not enough.

Say hello to Division Four ...
  • edited March 2017
    forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/76932/relegation-battle-league-1-2017#latest
  • 8 points.
  • Wont beat MK Dons for starters

Wont want to upset his former club who he cares about so much

He's...already beaten them, at least
  • 18 points btw
  • 4.... 1 win, 1 draw.
  • edited March 2017
    Points accumulated by side finishing in 21st (last relegation spot) over last five years, most recent first: 46, 50, 47, 48, 43

Repeat the points tally from the last 12 and we'll stay up, continue the form from the last 6 and we won't.
  • 13 points, although I thought we would have had at least 8 points in February.
  • Sponsored links:

• 12 games, 12 points = 54 points should be OK hopefully
  • Points? In the plural?
  • cafcfan said:

Points? In the plural?

I know! There's probably a framed photo of it somewhere in the museum, next to the one of a Dodo wearing a Charlton shirt.
  • cafcfan said:

Points? In the plural?

I know! There's probably a framed photo of it somewhere in the museum, next to the one of a Dodo wearing a Charlton shirt.
    who was that? one of pardew's singings?
  • edited March 2017

cafcfan said:

Points? In the plural?

who was that? one of pardew's singings?
    That would've been dildo :smiley:
  • Looks like this will be our worst playing for many a moon.

Last two low points were

1973-74 - Theo Foley - 14th - 65 points (assuming 3 for a win - it was only 2 then)
    2010-11 - Phil Parkinson/Chris Powell - 13th - 59 points

With 12 games left we're 15th with 42 points. If Robinson continues his current form (15 points from his first 15 games) we're ending up with 54 points.

Conclusion - our worst season since the 20's and lucky to stay in League One.
  • 10 points finishing 20th place and 1 point above relegation.
  • 8 - 10 points out of that lot.
  • edited March 2017
    Those last 4 games are crucial, Swindon and Gillingham in particular will be big, big games.
  • Sponsored links:

• if they can just tighten up at the back, this team of underachievers should scrape sufficient points - just - but it could be closer than many think.
  • 10 more points.
  • I can see five draws and a win or six draws, so a fair chance of going down.
  • I'm glad this regime didn't want to get our hopes up too much on achieving promotion.

Top 6 budget so anything less than the top 6 is an absolute failure which we need to learn mistakes from before we make the same mistakes again next year.

This all feels like a slow motion crash in to league 2, be it this season or the next. With the clowns in charge we're bound to end up their eventually, just as it was inevitable we'd eventually get relegated to league 1.
  • 1 win & 4 draws...7pts...can't wait to play Hartlepool at home last game of the season again...they will come dressed as condoms
  • 13 points.
    3 wins, 4 draws, 5 losses.
  • Only under crusty could we go from discussions of playoffs to relegation in the space of 3 weeks, I think we will get 2 wins and a draw which will be enough to keep us up, the teams below us won't all of a sudden start winning games.
  • Only under crusty could we go from discussions of playoffs to relegation in the space of 3 weeks, I think we will get 2 wins and a draw which will be enough to keep us up, the teams below us won't all of a sudden start winning games.

They'll win at least one - most of them have to play us.
  • 13 points

Won't be mathematically safe until after the Gillingham game.