Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Alex Young RIP

Everton and Scotland forward

Comments

• Everton and Scotland defender

Striker .. just made it past 80 years of age ...
    one of my early favourites in a VERY successful period for Everton when they were the 'millionaire club' due to John Moores, the Littlewoods entrepreneur's ownership .. R I P Alex
  • Known on Merseyside as "The Golden Vision" if I remember correctly.

Everton had a great team in the mid 1960's, Kendal, Ball, Labone, West and Harvey off the top of my head.

• Did he not score in the 1966 cup final against Sheffield Wedsnesday .

RIP.
  • Won the league with both Hearts and Everton, before my time but amazing that a player like that only managed eight international caps

RIP Alex
  • Won the league with both Hearts and Everton, before my time but amazing that a player like that only managed eight international caps

RIP Alex

Scotland had a decent team in those days .. Ian St John was usually the go to man at number 9
  • Saw him play for Stockport County when I was a kid - didnt realise what a career he'd had back then.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

Known on Merseyside as "The Golden Vision" if I remember correctly.

Everton had a great team in the mid 1960's, Kendal, Ball, Labone, West and Harvey off the top of my head.

That's right.

I vaguely remember an old black and white documentary about him in the sixties too on TV.

RIP