Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2 football for a fiver games this season.Zero Charlton goals.

Took my 2 boys to both games,am fighting a losing battle to make sure they end up Charlton fans.

Comments

• The same amount of fans turned up to see zero goals too.
  • Well some one took my place for this one. For the Rochdale game I took my 11 year daughter for her first ever game, my son came as well. Yesterday, we didn't even discuss going. The fat lady has sung for us ......
  • Do we ever score against Bury at home? Remember pummelling them for 90 minutes, missing a penalty and losing 1-0 in the run-in in 1975, and we had a lot more firepower then.
  • Try the old "you're getting to see premier league stars of the future" line. That should reel 'em in.
  • Talal said:

Try the old "you're getting to see National league stars of the future" line. That should reel 'em in.

Fixed that for you Talal...
  • Took my 2 boys to both games,am fighting a losing battle to make sure they end up Charlton fans.

Get them matching Charlton tattoos.
  • Took my 2 boys to both games,am fighting a losing battle to make sure they end up Charlton fans.

I've got a confession to make, I just haven't had the heart to buy my two very young Grandsons Charlton shirts yet, in fact I've even bought the oldest one a Manure kit to go to football classes with at the local leisure centre to save him having the mickey taken from Liverpool, Citeh and Delilah Fans.

Please hurry up Douchbag and do one so I can indoctrinate them into the familly tradition.
  • I would say buy them the Charlton shirts, my boy loves wearing his and his CARD hoody. Our boys have the moral high ground over the kids in the fact that ours actually go to games.
  • edited February 2017
    RedChaser said:

Took my 2 boys to both games,am fighting a losing battle to make sure they end up Charlton fans.

I've got a confession to make, I just haven't had the heart to buy my two very young Grandsons Charlton shirts yet, in fact I've even bought the oldest one a Manure kit to go to football classes with at the local leisure centre to save him having the mickey taken from Liverpool, Citeh and Delilah Fans.

Please hurry up Douchbag and do one so I can indoctrinate them into the familly tradition.
    You and me both.

My oldest grandson is starting to get interested too.

EDIT: I've not bought him another team's shirt yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Do we ever score against Bury at home? Remember pummelling them for 90 minutes, missing a penalty and losing 1-0 in the run-in in 1975, and we had a lot more firepower then.

Remember it well. It was the one and only game my mum came to, after my dad nagged her for years.

Remember it well. It was the one and only game my mum came to, after my dad nagged her for years.
    Yes, the Charlton promotion wobble...one thing we won't have to worry about this year.
  • So depressing...

We've all racked our brains to find a way to get this monumental git out of the club but it's just a losing battle.

He has no common decency, so what can you do?
  • Hope you explained to your boys that this is a work in progress?

........A work to eradicate a borough of its football club within 5years!
  • RedChaser said:

Are there not "neutral" shirts available? Or at least Bromley, Welling or Dulwich Hamlet? I had the Mickey taken for being a Luton fan as a kid ( if my history isn't known to you, happy to oblige), but I rose above it without any adult intervention. Standing up to Mickey taking is a great grounding in life.
  • Buy them England shirts or whatever their national preference is !!
  • live football as a whole below pl is dying out, this season its been quite sad to go to some of the grounds and see them empty, bury start of the season was really depressing, and not just the result.
  • live football as a whole below pl is dying out, this season its been quite sad to go to some of the grounds and see them empty, bury start of the season was really depressing, and not just the result.

Bury have never enjoyed big gates tbf.
  • @ElfsborgAddick really? many of the other clubs this season its been a waste of time having capacities that large and i think in years to come we will see a lot more grounds be knocked down etc.