Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Evening Standard 24th Feb.

Karl talking to the press again.

Comments

• Options
    It's a very aggravating article to be honest. Loads of buzzwords and nonsense speak that basically boils down to 'we've made a bollocks of this, haven't we'
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/karl-robinson-i-don-t-mind-upsetting-people-if-it-helps-make-charlton-successful-a3474891.html

Here you are. Waste another 5 minutes of your life reading about exciting challenges, hamster wheels and winning cultures.

Interestingly, he now refers to Douchabg as the owner, not President.
  • Options
    Blah, blah, blah. He still doesn't get it does he? Douchebag must be laughing up his sleeve. Can't believe Robinson falls for all his crap. NOTHING will change while the Belgian is in charge. I can just imagine some of the 'summer signings' KR has planned too. So looking forward to next season . . .not!
  • Options

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/karl-robinson-i-don-t-mind-upsetting-people-if-it-helps-make-charlton-successful-a3474891.html

Here you are. waste another 5 minutes of your life reading about exciting challenges, hamster wheels and winning cultures.

I think Two Sheds will soon be changing how he refers to KR - ex-manager rather than manager.
  • Options
    Sound bites, meaningless buzz word horse bollock manure stirred together with a huge ladle of wishful thinking that bears little relation to reality or the evidence of the last 6 windows.

Not afraid to upset people apart from the 1 or 2 most responsible for the ongoing mess. As we know any dissent & KR will be getting his pay off, sooner rather than later as all the other head coaches / managers.
  • Options
    To be honest I think when Chrissy Powell rebuilt that side he must have upset a few people. The likes of the members squad that was there in 2010/11 that left in summer 2011. You have to upset people and disappoint people to rebuild.
  • Options
    He has already accepted there is zero chance of going up, so is thinking of the players he needs, probably to replace the final assets we have to sell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    vff said:

Sound bites, meaningless buzz word horse bollock manure stirred together with a huge ladle of wishful thinking that bears little relation to reality or the evidence of the last 6 windows.

Not afraid to upset people apart from the 1 or 2 most responsible for the ongoing mess. As we know any dissent & KR will be getting his pay off, sooner rather than later as all the other head coaches / managers.

maybe that's what he's angling for?
    He's realised his superiors have no footballing ambition and he's happy to be paid off.
  • Options

vff said:

maybe that's what he's angling for?
    He's realised his superiors have no footballing ambition and he's happy to be paid off.
    Still be a sad day for football
  • Options

He's come over well tbf.

No he doesn't come across well, he comes across as desperate. He wants 7 or 8 signings but, as we know only too well, he'll only get what he's given and how many players, that he would like to keep, will he lose to balance the books?

• Options
    Dirty stinking shitrag, dirty stinking manager. Perfectly suited.
  • Options
    I thought it to be a fair article or maybe I am just falling for good PR work.

Don't really know or care anymore. It's just permanent negativity at Charlton.

Win two or three on the bounce then we might listen Karl, we might get behind you.
  • Options
    Oh my god he's so annoying
  • Options
    He talks the talk, he even talks the walk, but he hasn't walk the walk.
  • Options
    More bullshit bingo from KR. Can't wait to see what he say's next season when the owner doesn't back him with the players that he wants in the summer, providing he is still in a job that is...
  • Options
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, I don't particularly like Robinson's insistance on talking into every open microphone, but to me he's about the best we could have hoped for and comments like;

bobmunro said:

Here you are. waste another 5 minutes of your life reading about exciting challenges, hamster wheels and winning cultures.

I think Two Sheds will soon be changing how he refers to KR - ex-manager rather than manager.
    are a bit much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dunno I stand by it
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    se9addick said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, I don't particularly like Robinson's insistance on talking into every open microphone, but to me he's about the best we could have hoped for and comments like;

bobmunro said:

are a bit much.
    How about you mind your own business and stop telling other people what opinions they can have? FWIW, Irrespective of him being a puppet, or having a big mouth, or being a walking advert for himself, I've never liked him. Thought he was an arrogant, mouthy prick when he was franchise's manager, and nothing he's done since he came here has changed my opinion of him
  • Options

Karl talking to the press again.

Did he mention anything about the culture, needing to change at the club?
  • Options
    Needs to change a formation that is not working. FFS play 2 up front at home please
  • Options
    He talked about upsetting people. I suppose we can have an educated guess who those individuals are.
    Definitely Watt.
    Chicksen? If so strange, seeing that he was at MK Dons for a decent period. Seems to have been bombed out.
    Magennis? Prior to his injury, we loved him for his run all day attitude. Now, his body language seems completely different.
    Sometimes you need to big players up. Sean Dyche is a good example.
    I think KR is part of the problem. I have not heard one player say a good word about him. If so, I have missed it.
  • Options
    Chicksen's injured.
  • Options
    Well good upset your wife spend more time with her and do the right thing GO.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Chicksen's injured.

Ah. I was not aware of that. Cheers.