Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson after Oxford - I know what needs to change

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2017
  • Options

Analysing his every word is dangerous because he doesn't intend half of what he says and he speaks in anecdotes and cliches all the time. If the players are fed-up with him, another limp performance against Bury and he could be getting a vote of confidence from Meire come Sunday night. I think it would be bonkers to pay him off but if they decide he isn't going to be able to perform miracles with what they give him, then there's no point prolonging the agony and that's what their track record tells you.

The Liar will do anything & everything she can to protect her CV (I think, whatever happens as far a douchebag is concerned, she's got a job for life), and if that means stabbing KR in the back, so be it. The financial accounts and our ultimate league position won't lie, and it is all down to her incompetence as Roland's poodle: she'll make KR and RS the scapegoats for a season of failure.

KR seems to be running out of patience with the whole set-up,which is cancerous from top to bottom. But he knew that when he signed on the dotted line. I don't see much point in sacking him, but I don't see much point in him staying either - the direction to the players still comes from Belgium in one way or another.

My only hope is that the protests in Belgium aren't seen as a protest against KR/poor results, but against the two lemmings in charge of the cloob - three if you include no-balls.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    As somebody who was reasonably impressed with him and his approach, I must say that critcising the commitment of players to their faces and doing it publically are two different things! The latter is how you lose the dressing room.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

RedChaser said:

How the hell can you focus on your job as a player when you've got five or six of the management team all putting their two pennyworth in. It seems as if KR likes to surround himself with backroom staff so as to share the decision making which is fair enough the higher up the football pyramid you are and playing for the pot of gold on offer but at L1 level it's a joke!

Another reason could be he's never played at EFL level and likes the comfort of former pros around him so he can concentrate on being the front man.

Correct me if I'm wrong at our most successful when we' were at the top table,we had Curbs, Day, Peacock, a goalkeeping coach and Reserve team coach (Gary Stevens or the lad who played for Leeds Lee Sinnot?).

Far too many cooks spoiling the broth IMO, any decent CEO with a football brain wouldn't allow such a waste of wages.................oh hang on a minute :smirk: .

Glyn Snodin?
    Cheers Len, think he had brother as well played for Everton just couldn't remember their surname or Christian name come to that :blush:
    Ian is his brother
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Rob7Lee said:

RedChaser said:

Crunch time for KR on Saturday v Bury when the natives could get very restless at another abject performance. He's got his work cut out especially as it appears from his inferences that some of the player are not fully committed.

He built them up to believe that they could achieve with all his rhetoric and a number of them have probably now realised it was just hot air. Now he's got to pick them up from the disappointment of failure.

Sounds like chalk and cheese last night after the second half efforts last Saturday. If he's lost the dressing room the run in could be trap door squeaky bum time.

I'll be paying close attention to the team spirit and body language in the next two games that's for sure .

He needs at least a couple of leaders on the pitch, we don't really have any with Pearce out and Jackson not playing. Once they cross that white line he needs someone to take control, I think he'd like to ring the changes on Saturday but has limited options, he's probably not got more than 65 minutes in him but I'd be tempted to start with Jackson.
    @Rob7Lee And this is one of the main flaws with Mowgli scouting players from his bedroom on his laptop, it doesn't give him a character reference on an individual, he doesn't have the contacts to check them out and there is no way he can tell from You Tube clips what their demeanour is like.

Then again the Douchbag ain't got a clue about football or the importance of this in creating a one for all and all for one team ethic which Powell deemed an essential trait of his squad members.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Forgetting Robinson's success/failure on the pitch for a second, I have lost interest in anything he says about matches or the club. What sounded upbeat and enthusiastic when he took over now has a distinct whiff of bullshit ...this probably comes from his acceptance that he has to be a mouthpiece for the regime allied with an increasing suspicion he has been found out as a one-club pony. As for the truth, he's about as a reliable as telling it as is Sean Spicer.
  • Options
    “I can’t right now,” he said when asked why he hadn’t put right what he felt was wrong at The Valley.
    “Not for the foreseeable future. I think there’s issues. And this is not the “other” story, this is us"

Those couple of sentences really jump out don't they.
    It's all about what isn't said rather than what is.

I presume the "other" story refers to the fans and the owner?
    So has a push for the play-offs with the squad he declared himself happy with now become derailed by a separate problem with no short-term fix.

He's never short on waffle, but has he reached some sort of watershed moment I wonder.
    Or is it just a random deflecting from his own shortcomings?
  • Options
    I would say the other story is the protests.
    The issues are, he's realised he's a puppet and Congo Chris is yanking his strings.
  • Options
    The body language that he displayed in January (on the OS) after he'd spoken to our wondrous leader in Paris regarding transfer funds, surely said it all.

I have really tried to warm to KR but I just can't, that said, he has an impossible job working for these buffoons, personally, I'd rather him than Congo Bongo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    If there are on pitch "issues" with senior players, put them on gardening leave and play the kids who will not give less than 100%. Roly is not going to object to that, his sole reason for owning us.
  • Options
    That's right.

If Duchatelet could please sack Karl, appoint O'loughlin and say again in the media that fans and club members who don't agree with him are clearly stupid again, and do it soon, at least it shortens the process.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

If there are on pitch "issues" with senior players, put them on gardening leave and play the kids who will not give less than 100%. Roly is not going to object to that, his sole reason for owning us.

That isn't going to happen as Roly allegedly sanctioned a doubling of wages to allow one player who was "frozen out" under Slade to be picked for first team duty. That commitment alone takes an annual £300k out of the budget.

Not getting 100% out of that player is Robinsons responsibility to achieve in any way he deems fit, but throwing in an inexperienced U-23 centre half is hardly going to improve things.

• Options
    Hard to dig out CDs as not putting in the effort as they have a limited territory to patrol and are reliant on those closest to provide cover and outlets. Back 4 changes every match don't help.

We seem to be a porous, inconsistent midfield, yet Croft is an ever present. JJ sadly past it. JFC a prima-donna some say? I'd like to see Lapslie's enthusism alongside Aribo or Konsa or both. Or RCC despite only seeing him on a couple of feeds. Can't be worse surely?
  • Options
    I do not think his has been the same since he met 4fans in a pub in Greenwich, perhaps he learnt a thing or two about the problems at the club, he said he was going to find out how the club was being funded by RD, he may have just found out the truth.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Forgetting Robinson's success/failure on the pitch for a second, I have lost interest in anything he says about matches or the club. What sounded upbeat and enthusiastic when he took over now has a distinct whiff of bullshit ...this probably comes from his acceptance that he has to be a mouthpiece for the regime allied with an increasing suspicion he has been found out as a one-club pony. As for the truth, he's about as a reliable as telling it as is Sean Spicer.

Can we replace Karl with Melissa McCarthy then? She does a much better Sean Spicer, especially better than Sean Spicer...
  • Options

Hard to dig out CDs as not putting in the effort as they have a limited territory to patrol and are reliant on those closest to provide cover and outlets. Back 4 changes every match don't help.

We seem to be a porous, inconsistent midfield, yet Croft is an ever present. JJ sadly past it. JFC a prima-donna some say? I'd like to see Lapslie's enthusism alongside Aribo or Konsa or both. Or RCC despite only seeing him on a couple of feeds. Can't be worse surely?

One of the problems (IMHO) is the leaving out of Jackson, no leaders on the pitch, recipe for disaster, disagree he's past it, 90 minutes every game, no, but he's not passed it.
    Dansk_Red said:

I do not think his has been the same since he met 4fans in a pub in Greenwich, perhaps he learnt a thing or two about the problems at the club, he said he was going to find out how the club was being funded by RD, he may have just found out the truth.

I'd love to take the credit/blame, but I think he knew the issues by the time the transfer window came around and he didn't get backed.
  • Options
    You

That isn't going to happen as Roly allegedly sanctioned an doubling of wages to allow one player who was "frozen out" under Slade to be picked for first team duty. That commitment alone takes an annual £300k out of the budget.

Not getting 100% out of that player is Robinsons responsibility to achieve in any way he deems fit, but throwing in an inexperienced U-23 centre half is hardly going to improve things.

No idea about these numbers but you must mean Tex.

And so Roland, having tied hands behind Slade's back and given him a player where we payed wages but weren't prepared to pay the appearance fee (totally crazy situation based on historical errors) feels he needs to do better with players, as Slade no doubt told him, and forks out a few quid too late.

£300k is around 15,000 full price match tickets, or around 3-4 games with half decent attendance as compared to where we are now.

The complete lack of understanding of football, fan support and football finance by Duchatelet and Meire is largely responsible for this mess we are in.

• Options

The gate money goes from the box office down these pneumatic tubes to a laundry basket, then onto Belgium.

Wait a mo...i was told that was the undersoil heating boiler!!!! All makes sense now - no wonder the pitch froze!

It's all starting to look a bit familiar this. New management face....i can work with the owner mentality.... reality slowly dawns.... results turn.... Roland sacks manager.... go back to start!

This I the reason why so many of us stay away from the Valley. There really is only one solution and that is for RD to sell up and jog on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “The challenge by Nathan Byrne (against Fleetwood) when we saw it back was a little bit too aggressive but I don’t think there’s anything in context in relation to a lack of discipline. I think I’d rather see more challenges like that if I’m being totally honest.”

Wtf, the bloke is a complete bell.
  • Options
    I keep having to tell myself it's ultimately Roland's and significantly Miere's fault.

It doesn't help when the manager with every week increasingly looks like a Mike Bassett / David Brent blend.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I keep having to tell myself it's ultimately Roland's and significantly Miere's fault.

It doesn't help when the manager with every week increasingly looks like a Mike Bassett / David Brent blend.

Indeed, doesn't matter who is in charge, they will fail under this ownership.
  • Options
    I haven't seen many games this season, but it's not rocket science to work out that after selling a player like Lookman and not replacing him with someone of equal quality, the team isn't going to do as well as it was before (and it was hardly doing very well with him in the team).

I know one player doesn't make a team, but the owner is continually reducing the investment in the playing staff and therefore we're going to continue to slide down the Leagues whichever manager is in charge.

Until there's a new owner and new investment I can't see there being any change in our fortunes on the pitch.
  • Options
    Only two things need to change. Meire and Duchatalet.
  • Options
    Powell identified the issue and was backed. I think Powell said something along the lines of recognising the negativity within the squad - which he understood and didn't blame the players for - which was something he had to change. He clearly developed a plan to fix the problem and was allowed to by the board. What is overlooked, is how little money he spent in terms of changing most of the team and the whole spirit and ethos of the place. It was some achievement.

The difference is I doubt Robinson will be backed in the same way. He may have a little more money to spend - you never know, but he won't have the control to bring the right sort of players in. Powell was building something and it is very sad that the season where he just needed that little backing, the rug was well and truly pulled by Cash falling out with Jiminez. That is the story of Charlton, so near and yet so far.

If I purchased the club, I would back Robinson in the same way Powell was backed. I believe he does know what is needed, but sadly he won't get the support he needs. The players need to be identified now, and like with Powell, they need to be brought in quickly. We have seen enough windows under this mob to know what a shambles the next will be. Whilst I can see what needs to be done, I have no expectations of it being done. If we get kicked in the teeth every window under this regime, why do we expect not to get kicked in the teeth anymore. I was calling the last window for what it would be before it opened. When you are expecting the kick in the teeth you can protect yourself a bit from it!

When Meire says, we have made mistakes but we have learned from them, it is depressing when they give the mistake as being over simple and not actually the main aspect of the mistake. That is what we got from her. It is like the strategy and understanding of a 10 year old!
  • Options
    The video (especially the start) of the pre-match press conference from yesterday is very telling, looks like the insanity of what he's walked into is telling.

Do you think he could walk ? Working for these nutters and leaving the club after a few months didn't stop Slade walking into another job shortly after.
  • Options
    Slightly alarming when the manager starts putting up excuses for this season and we are still in February:-

“It has to be next year. That is the pressure you put on yourself. I know the players I want next year. Winners. I want players who want to be here and we are already looking at players to bring in in the summer."

Question is, why does he think that Duchatalet is going to give him any more scope to bring in who he wants in the summer. Doesn't seem to have happened in January and that was despite £11m from Lookman which isn't going to happen again in the short term. More likely Roland will blame Robinson for failure and sack him, bringing in another desperate yes man.