Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Shaw (Sutton reserve keeper) resigns

13»

Comments

• Options
    http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-sent-alexis-sanchez-on-to-honour-the-occasion-writes-sutton-chairman-bruce-elliott-a3472461.html

It does seem that Wenger sent on Sanchez on Monday, because of what it would mean to the Sutton players and supporters, a shame we're not talking about that rather than someone eating a burger!
  • Options
    iainment said:

Let me guess. The brains at Paddy Power dreamed this up?

I cannot believe I'm saying it, but Paddy Power are much more graceful than this
  • Options

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-sent-alexis-sanchez-on-to-honour-the-occasion-writes-sutton-chairman-bruce-elliott-a3472461.html

It does seem that Wenger sent on Sanchez on Monday, because of what it would mean to the Sutton players and supporters, a shame we're not talking about that rather than someone eating a burger!

Did he eat a burger as well?

Food gate gets more and more interesting...

• Options
    HarryLime said:

Fat bloke eats a pasty and the FA launch an investigation.
    Clubs such as ours, Orient Blackpool Coventry and others are run in such an inept way that long standing supporters are taking time and effort to rid themselves of these crank owners and the football authorities do nothing, not even a comment.
    That’s the state of the game today.

He is an easy target..no work involved....you don't actually think they should do something for their cup final tickets do you?
  • Options

cafctom said:

Not too bothered by the whole bet thing, but as I said on another thread, I think the bloke is an idiot for wanting to hog the attention for himself whilst the game is going on and his side are absolutely battling to try and get something. (And yes I know they had used all their subs up)

Well if this rings true, I really couldn't give a f***

Think it is true unfortunately mate.
    Thing is I am surprised we held onto him this long TBH.
    Looks like he's in the squad tonight but probably won't be long before he's off. Nanetti gone to Cork too.
    Is Nanetti any good? We're excited to be signing an exotic sounding winger but not too excited that he'll break into the team any time soon.
  • Options

If one of our players ate a pie on the bench at youth level on a Sunday, he wouldn't be playing for the club again. Firstly it is disrespectful. It was a big night for Sutton and a gallant performance and this stupid prick has taken it all away from them. Secondly, if people condone this they encourage dishonesty in the game which can only seriously damage it. I applaud Sutton for getting rid.

I couldn't care less either way.
    Do you also applaud Sutton for selling themselves to Murdoch and that shit newspaper.

I think what has rattled me more than anything is parading Welling's top goalscorer in the clubhouse 2 hours prior to KO as their new signing without anyone from Welling having a clue. So forgive me for saying this, but fuck em.
    No, I don't applaud them for that!
  • Options
    I rated him at welling. I watched Bray some years ago and if Cork are at their level then he should be OK.
    Will give you 100% and isn't scared to take a player on.
    May need to persevere with him though until he gels with the side.
  • Options
    We'd be much better than Bray have been for the past few years. Think they have only beaten us once or twice in the past 10 years. We ran Genk close in the Europa League this summer, particularly in Genk (Hasselt is a lovely town!) (Lost 0-1 and 2-1) and they topped their group and drew their last 32 away leg last week.

Think he's only in on loan for a few months, hopefully he gets a chance.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All that publicity he's getting…
  • Options
    That's a seriously good pie there, quite distracting
  • Options
    edited February 2017

If one of our players ate a pie on the bench at youth level on a Sunday, he wouldn't be playing for the club again. Firstly it is disrespectful. It was a big night for Sutton and a gallant performance and this stupid prick has taken it all away from them. Secondly, if people condone this they encourage dishonesty in the game which can only seriously damage it. I applaud Sutton for getting rid.

Dear oh dear oh dear!
    Yawn....who gives a fuck about some guy eating a pie.....and into the bargain your ridiculous comparison is bloody stupid.
  • Options
    Heard a rumour that he's signing for Charlton on Monday so Phillips can go out on loan. Roland can save some money with the deal.

May just be all pie in the sky though!
  • Options
    Won 3-2. Outfield player only let in one of them.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Frankly he'd probably do as good a job, I can't imagine Shaw would be very mobile!
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Frankly he'd probably do as good a job, I can't imagine Shaw would be very mobile!
    At 23 stone, he takes up most of the goal.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

At 23 stone, he takes up most of the goal.
    Shaw is well thought of as a keeper in the non league world. You'd be a fool to write him off.