Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

English League Teams We've Never Played

2»

Comments

• Options
    We played Crawley in a Checkatrade game, does that count as being a competitive match?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

We played Crawley in a Checkatrade game, does that count as being a competitive match?

Does any match played under the current ownership count as a competitive match?
  • Options

After all that, it would appear Morecambe, Accrington, and Newport are the only current Premiership or EFL teams we've never played in a competetive match, albeit for the last two in their current incarnations. Is that correct?

Well we played Newport C the season we were promoted in 80/81 IIRC. If we don't count Newport then there must be loads of others as well we can't count.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

After all that, it would appear Morecambe, Accrington, and Newport are the only current Premiership or EFL teams we've never played in a competetive match, albeit for the last two in their current incarnations. Is that correct?

I'm not aware that we played Accrington in their former incarnation either or Morcambe ever. However we have played a team called Newport County before.
  • Options
    I remember a few years ago that Portsmouth were the team we'd played the most times (in the league?). As we haven't played them for a few years, I wonder if that has changed?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Found this interesting. All time competitive head to heads since election to the league.

http://www.11v11.com/teams/charlton-athletic/tab/opposingTeams/
  • Options
    Wh in begs the question, who have we played the most?