Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your Fry-Up

What needs to be on your plate to make it a fry-up?

Or what should never, ever find its way into your breakfast?

Alternatively, what controversial items do you like to sneak into yours? Chips? Pancakes? Avocado?

Comments

• Options
    Baked Beans ... Hash Browns (x3) ... Sausages (x3) ... Bacon (x3) ... Fried Eggs (x2)
  • Options
    Bacon, sausage, fried egg, hash browns, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, black pudding.

Never, ever chips.
  • Options
    For a full fry up - Bacon, sausage, eggs, black pudding, beans (although separate from the other food items, especially the eggs), toast. Mushrooms are my biggest no no, disgusting things.

My favourite cooked breakfast though is poached eggs on toast with a couple of rashers.
  • Options
    Have never had Black Pudding!! - Eggs have to be nice and runny so I can dip my sausages in them whilst bacon has to be crispy but also love it when they're nice and fatty as well!!
  • Options

Baked Beans ... Hash Browns (x3) ... Sausages (x3) ... Bacon (x3) ... Fried Eggs (x2)

couple of slices of buttered toast added to this and that is the breakfast of kings.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Bacon, sausage, egg, black pudding, white pudding, beans, Boxty, mushrooms & soda farls.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Bacon, sausage, fried eggs, black pudding, mushrooms, beans, hash browns (or alternatively fried potatoes)

Nothing burnt or overdone. Gotta be runny yolks. I could take or leave toast tbh.

Just spent a week in Scotland and had the pleasure of having haggis with most of my breakfasts, a fantastic treat but wouldn't add it to my regular breakfast. Tattie scones weren't bad either.

Tomatoes, either grilled or tinned, no. That needs to go straight in the bin.
  • Options
    Sausages, bacon, baked beans, black pudding, potato farls (hash browns if not). Not fussed about eggs particularly. Either tomatoes and mushrooms are OK but not a necessity. As @bobmunro says, no chips.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Bacon, fried egg, sausage, hash brown, fried tomato, mushrooms, burger & onions, 2 slices of toast.

c/o Beano's in Barnehurst.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

I distrust anyone who includes tomato in a fry up

I include it for a garnish to add a bit of colour. I always leave it though!

I forgot to mention - would also have a fried slice or two.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Fried tomatoes and hash browns are made for each other :heart:
  • Options
    Anyone else wishing they could have a fry-up right now?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    2 x Sausages, 3 x bacon, beans, 2 x fried eggs (not runny), grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, bubble and a fried slice. Smothered in HP sauce.

Washed down with strong black coffee.

Chips shouldn't be anywhere near a breakfast plate.
  • Options
    not a fan of mushrooms so they're not included.

eggs (2x fried, 1 poached and some scrambled with smoked salmon on a slice of toast) beans, several rashes of bacon, 3 hash browns, fried tomatoes on a bed of spinach, black pudding, sausages, bubble and squeak all moped up with a few fried slices. condiments Brown sauce and tobasco. Drink: Tea. added extra: chips.
  • Options
    Eggs on wholegrain bread with a dash of pepper and herb.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sausage,Bacon,Egg,Beans,Fried Slice,Chips maybe some Black Pudding nice big mug of tea..Set 1 with chips at the Valley Cafe.

Mushrooms are a no-no..yuk!
  • Options
    Not Scottish but a Scottish fry up is the best: sausage, bacon, lorne sausage, black pudding, haggis, potato scone. Yum!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bubble and squeak makes a nice addition.
  • Options
    Dont mind small mushrooms but have to be in the mood for a single large one
  • Options
    Sausages, bacon, egg (fried, poached or scrambled), mushrooms, baked beans, black pudding and fried bread.......although bubble and squeak is acceptable. You should never put an amount on the items as to refuse meat based products, although I will not admonish anybody for minimums.
  • Options
    Bubble and squeak makes the difference for me between a good fry up and a great fry up.

Chips should never be consumed before midday and have no place on a breakfast plate.

Bacon, poached eggs, lincolnshire sausages, black pudding, bubble, fried tomatoes, mushrooms. Beans as a substutute if mushrooms unavailable.

HP Sauce for real men, Tomato Sauce for children.
  • Options
    as a slight alternative to a fry up my dad was partial to stewed kidneys ,bacon and a fried slice and a couple of slices of bread and butter
  • Options

Anyone else wishing they could have a fry-up right now?

Really tempted to go the the cafe right now.
  • Options
    Scrambled tofu, hash browns, mushrooms, tomatoes, vegan sausage and throw the Statins in the bin.
  • Options
    Fried Egg (2)
    Medium cooked bacon (3)
    Pork Sausages (2)
    Tinned tomatos
    Black pudding (2)
    Bubble
    Fried Bread (2)

Big mug of tea
  • Options
    Mushrooms are a quality addition to any fry up. Tbh I like all of it apart from the cooked tomato. However the jury is out on Hash Browns, I don't understand them, still eat them though.
  • Options
    a mate of mine often has a nice fried rare steak instead of sausages and bacon. not sure where I stand with this. not traditional but does sound good.