Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Average league one attendances club by club

2»

Comments

• Options
    PeterGage said:

Stig said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Stig said:

A more reasonable way of ranking these would be to present attendances as a percentage of capacity. This puts Charlton in a more realistic 18th place.

Screenshot 2017-02-17 07.22.15

A better way of showing recent performance though is to show the change in attendance over a fixed period. In the table below, I've chosen the no so random 2013-14 season as the benchmark. Even discounting the fictional nature or our attendances under this regime, Charlton are still bottom of the pile. This gives a far clearer picture just how badly the club is being run.

Screenshot 2017-02-17 07.53.14

Like what you've done. However should Coventry City be the model we aspire to?
    I fully agree we shouldn't aspire to be Coventry. Their figure is very much an anomaly which is why they are the only club to get a footnote.
    Not a criticism of the stats supplied....but were Coventry playing at Sixfields in the first comparitive season. If so, this would skew the stats.
    Yes.
  • Options
    Hence the footnote.
  • Options

Hence the footnote.

Oops, if there is a footnote, I missed it - sorry!!
  • Options
    Stig said:

A more reasonable way of ranking these would be to present attendances as a percentage of capacity. This puts Charlton in a more realistic 18th place.

A better way of showing recent performance though is to show the change in attendance over a fixed period. In the table below, I've chosen the no so random 2013-14 season as the benchmark. Even discounting the fictional nature or our attendances under this regime, Charlton are still bottom of the pile. This gives a far clearer picture just how badly the club is being run.

Why in blue blazes do Port Vale have such a big stadium?
  • Options

Stig said:

Why in blue blazes do Port Vale have such a big stadium?
    Because it's the Wembley of the North