Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kennedy on loan to Derry City

Comments

• Options
    A really interesting insight into life as an overseas youngster.
  • Options
    Currently bench warming in a friendly against Coleraine. Hopefully he'll come off the bench for the second half and grab a goal.
  • Options
    Interesting that he actually went over to Germany in regards to Carl Jena Zeiss
  • Options

A really interesting insight into life as an overseas youngster.

Yes, that was quite illuminating. Interesting how much of a physical and fitness step up he found it, when compared to back home
  • Options

Currently bench warming in a friendly against Coleraine. Hopefully he'll come off the bench for the second half and grab a goal.

Did you notice a certain Neil McCafferty on the bench for Coleraine..
  • Options
    Why are all these players who can score out on loan?
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Because if they were in the first team, it might gain promotion and the owner doesn't want that.
  • Options

limeygent said:

Because if they were in the first team, it might gain promotion and the owner doesn't want that.
    Got it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Did you notice a certain Neil McCafferty on the bench for Coleraine..
    I saw Neil play a few times. He almost broke a very talented players leg with one of the worst tackles I've ever seen in 2008 in a game in Donegal. I was very excited as when I was younger I used to follow the careers of the underage players through the programme articles. A friend of my fathers was sent me on every home programme for probably ten years.
  • Options
    Interesting article.

If it impacts on Irish lads like that how does it impact on French, Belgian or even Dutch/Polish players.

Also confirmation that the network lives on with the club trying to farm him out to Carl Zeiss Jena.
  • Options

Interesting article.

If it impacts on Irish lads like that how does it impact on French, Belgian or even Dutch/Polish players.

Also confirmation that the network lives on with the club trying to farm him out to Carl Zeiss Jena.

I have no problems with the concept of loans between the network, especially for youngsters as part of their development. After all the likes of Man U and Chelsea have "feeder" clubs in Europe where they send players on loan
  • Options

Interesting article.

I have no problems with the concept of loans between the network, especially for youngsters as part of their development. After all the likes of Man U and Chelsea have "feeder" clubs in Europe where they send players on loan
    The concept is fine.

The reality is that they tried to loan him to an unsuitable German 4th division team only because it has the same owner.
  • Options

Interesting article.

The concept is fine.

The reality is that they tried to loan him to an unsuitable German 4th division team only because it has the same owner.
    What we don't know is if the German loan was "forced" on him, or whether it was a suggestion. From a career point of view, it could be argued that playing in the German 4th tier might potentially be better than going "home" to Derry to play in the lowly Irish leagues.
  • Options

Interesting article.

The concept is fine.

What we don't know is if the German loan was "forced" on him, or whether it was a suggestion. From a career point of view, it could be argued that playing in the German 4th tier might potentially be better than going "home" to Derry to play in the lowly Irish leagues.
    Not forced as didn't go but can't be that only suitable club just happens to be part of the network.

Suspect that they wanted him out on loan, he said no to CZJ and the window closed leaving only conference or Ireland.
  • Options
    Michail had it suggested to him as a loan in Germany, attended 3 training sessions which were rubbish, no one talked to him, so asked to come home.
  • Options
    Shame it was only for their reserves but hope this gets him into the first team.
  • Options
    It seems getting into the first team might not get him much football though!
    http://derryjournal.com/sport/derry-city-lights-go-out-on-derry-s-historic-opener-at-maginn-park-1-7850419
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I liked this part. What my parents would call "a bit of old Irish".

Kevin Feely [is] not playing anymore but he is playing midfield for Kildare seniors.
  • Options
    Just to clarify. Kildare aren't a football team. They play Gaelic Football. Completely different sport more similar to Australian Rules.

Limerick fans not happy to have to go back up there on a midweek night. It's a very long trip by Irish standards. 5/6 hours each way on a coach.
  • Options
    Made his debut for Derry City last night coming on in the 91st min as they beat League Champions: Dundalk 3-1

(It was already 3-1 when he came on)
  • Options
    Terrible news. Dead at 27, just after captaining the side to a 4-0 win over Drogheda. Rest in Peace Ryan.
  • Options
    Desperately sad news.

Another tragedy for Derry City players on the first anniversary of the Buncrana deaths.

http://belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/tributes-to-derry-city-captain-ryan-mcbride-found-dead-at-home-35546682.html
  • Options
    Rest in Peace. Very sad.
  • Options
    RIP....awful news,gone way too young...!!
  • Options
    Terribly sad news ! Thoughts go out to his family and friends, RIP Ryan
  • Options
    Absolutely devestating. He was a fantastic defender, and as far as I know, he worked part time in a local pub up until a couple of seasons ago. Theres a clip floating around of him sliding through Cork Citys midfield and taking out two of our players at ocne. I remember arguing with my Derry supporting friends that evening that it was a foul, they were adamant it wasn't (the ref gave a yellow). That tackle will be my outstanding memory of him.

He played a game the night before he died, and scored a goal just last week I believe.