Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oldham v Charlton - Match Thread

Good evening everyone and welcome live from the bathtub here in Charlton Life Towers.

Many thanks to @ForeverAddickted for another great preview, we'll have team news posted up as soon as they are announced.

Your text commentator tonight is the delightful @seth plum. He's flying solo this evening and could really do with a wing man. Is there anyone else keen to get involved and share the load?

Comments

• What a relief, as it is on radio I thought we would not get a commentary. Thank you so much.
  • Charlton Athletic FC‏ @CAFCofficial
    CHARLTON | Rudd, Solly (c), Bauer, Konsa, Chicksen, Crofts, Aribo, Forster-Caskey, Mavididi, Botaka, Magennis. #cafc
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Phillips, Teixeira, Dasilva, Jackson, Holmes, Watt, Novak.
  • No Holmes in starting line up!!?? He's scored our last 2 goals! !!!! Robbo losing it
  • No Page. Holmes, Watt and Tex rested?
  • No Page is a surprise, to me at least.

Good to see JFC back but Big Mac, Botaka and Mavididi didn't do much Saturday.

Rotation maybe with so many games or easing them in. Could all do better when starting.

Holmes and Watt off the bench is some option.
  • Great to have JFC back in the team. Would've preferred Tex over Bauer in the back four. And Holmes over Botaka on the wing. But good to have decent options off the bench.
  • Page must have picked up a knock, not even on the bench.
  • Didn't look the greatest playing surface on the Twitter "the lads have arrived" video
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't think arsenal kid or Botaka play well after coming on last Saturday.

Must be fitness issues rather than tactical.
  • Many thanks in advance Seth.
    For some reason I'm feeling confident
  • Hi all.
    Will go to 'our' commentary and do the match thread.
    Anybody like to pitch in?
  • uie2 said:

No Holmes in starting line up!!?? He's scored our last 2 goals! !!!! Robbo losing it

Just back from an injury, lots of games coming up, don't want to over do it with him know and lose him to injury again.

This is why we have a squad. Big Mag back is more important.
  • For anybody interested:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/76743/match-threads

I may not make it for next Saturday, and PaddyP17 is away, so if you feel like trying it, go for it.
  • seth plum said:

Hi all.

Cannot do commentary, but if anyone wants I can add CAFC LIve. Must warn though my computer is playing up and may not last the match, in for repair tomorrow
  • I think their last 7 have been WLWLWLW so the run suggests tonight is L for them.
  • Thanks a lot @ross1 . I think that's probably best as our Plan B approach if we can never get anyone will to do the commentary
  • ross1 said:

seth plum said:

Hi all.

Cannot do commentary, but if anyone wants I can add CAFC LIve. Must warn though my computer is playing up and may not last the match, in for repair tomorrow
    Not sure I know what CAFC Live is, but anything that keeps folk up to date is a help.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2017

No Page is a surprise, to me at least.

Good to see JFC back but Big Mac, Botaka and Mavididi didn't do much Saturday.

Rotation maybe with so many games or easing them in. Could all do better when starting.

Holmes and Watt off the bench is some option.

Not sure you can tell too much about Botaka and Mavididi from Saturday as they only had a few touches. Mavididi looks pacey at least. It'll be interested to see how they do today.

Surprised KR hasn't started with Holmes, as he's looking almost up to speed. [edt: had cramp on Saturday]

And Watt posed a threat I thought. I suppose he as to rotate the squad with all these games coming up.

2-2 draw
  • I think we'll win tonight
  • seth plum said:

ross1 said:

seth plum said:

Hi all.

Not sure I know what CAFC Live is, but anything that keeps folk up to date is a help.
    They put up tweets on game as it goes along
  • From his interview, maybe Robbo was suggesting they are strong at the back but not against runners. Mit and Bot to run them at every opportunity and then watt and homes on to do the same. Mit and bot should not be tired so will have 70 mins and see what happens. Fresh attackers against defenders who played Saturday.

If right, at least it is a plan. We will soon know - if we go at them from the off. Fingers crossed.
  • Greetings from Napier NZ. COYR. 2-0 win.
  • It is apparently on BBC London.
    That would be 94.9 FM
    Possibly DAB as well, but beware they sometimes split it.
    It would be very likely to be on on the internet via BBC London, but sometimes internet commentary isn't available in some areas.
    There are online radio station finders, but I don't know anything about them.

Is there anybody out there who will be dependent on this match thread alone?
  • Page has 2 game ban after second dismissal of season.. I believe
  • The CAFC player has just fired up.
    Good stuff.
  • seth plum said:

It is apparently on BBC London.
    That would be 94.9 FM
    Possibly DAB as well, but beware they sometimes split it.
    It would be very likely to be on on the internet via BBC London, but sometimes internet commentary isn't available in some areas.
    There are online radio station finders, but I don't know anything about them.

Is there anybody out there who will be dependent on this match thread alone?

If not on radio London here then yes I would like your commentary, I will post when the game starts
  • C'mon you Addicks!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!