Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kevin Foley

He scored with a decent volley yesterday.

Unfortunately an own goal for Coventry.

Who'd have thought he'd end up there ?

Comments

• Like RoJo a relegation player. Shit as…
  • Swisdom said:

Like RoJo a relegation player. Shit as…

Harsh. He was limited but certainly not the worst player of the past few seasons

Not when he was playing in midfield. Hopeless.
  • Like RoJo a relegation player. Shit as…

Very strange... Think he's only ever been relegated with Wolves (once from the Premier League and then once from the Championship) and that was whilst playing for them for eight years.

Although he's also won League One with Wolves and Luton whilst he's also won the Championship with Wolves.
  • edited February 2017
    Relegated with Birmingham then twice with Wolves and then us last season.
    Edit sorry was talking about Roger Johnson.
  • Stick you money on him scoring against us.
  • Swisdom said:

Harsh. He was limited but certainly not the worst player of the past few seasons

Not his fault. Play Chris Powell in central midfield and he'd probably not be that good either
  • He was more than able at right back when Solly was injured, and I was surprised we didn't keep him around, until we drafted in Forster-Caskey, Byrne, Page and DaSilva. I know they in different places, but it means we have ample cover if we need Konsa or even Chicksen to play there.
  • Sponsored links:

• dabos said:

Swisdom said:

Not his fault. Play Chris Powell in central midfield and he'd probably not be that good either
    Scandalous. SCP played 4 minutes for CAFC in central midfield and scored.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7368614.stm

Grant Basey scored that day as well! I'd never have guessed that line up, there has been so much player turnover in the last 10 years

I hadn't realised Kasper Schmeichel was in goal for Coventry that game.

• dabos said:

Swisdom said:

Scandalous. SCP played 4 minutes for CAFC in central midfield and scored.
    About the only inspired thing Pardew ever did for us as a manager.
  • 26,130 for a meaningless game at the end of that season. How we have fallen is quite unbelievable, even back then, no one would have believed it if you had told them this is where we would be now.

I was there with my Dad as we stood up to join in with the song of, "Stand up if you love Chris Powell..." as he got lifted up onto the shoulders of the other players in front of the Covered End on his last ever appearance for us having just scored.

The contrast from who our manager was that day, to the man that the whole ground stood up for, and later became our manager is incredible.
  • edited February 2017
    Yeah, that crowd was staggering in retrospect. I remember leaving the ground happy, not realising how dreadful the next season would be...

Was it that season when we were offered free season tickets for the following year if we went back up to the PL?
  • Swisdom said:

Really? Chris Powell playing in midfield
  • edited February 2017

Yeah, that crowd was staggering in retrospect. I remember leaving the ground happy, not realising how dreadful the next season would be...

Was it that season when we were offered free season tickets for the following year if we went back up to the PL?

It was indeed, clever to keep the crowds as high as possible with the idea of making The Valley and fortress, but nothing good came from anything until Powell's promotion winning season.

Attendance wise, we around now seeing around a 70% drop in comparison to that day, how very sad.
  • Is starting for Billericay Town with Konchesky