Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Vociferous boos for Karl Robinscum" - welcome to AFC Wimbledon!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:

One way to guarantee charlton fans chanting KRs name!

Bloke has to earn that honour. Hasn't done enough to earn his name being chant yet IMO.
  • Options

Wimbledon fans even in the pre MK Dons days have always been a bit hostile, a bit select, a bit stand offish, a bit up themselves .. reality is they're a bit of a bunch of fecking wombles ..
    great survivors though, even if the 'miracle from the ashes of the old club' was in reality financed by a VERY rich benefactor

Nonsense

• Options

Kap10 said:

Bloke has to earn that honour. Hasn't done enough to earn his name being chant yet IMO.
    Wombles start slagging him off and he'll be supported by ours. Wasn't saying he should or he shouldn't, plus Slade had his name chanted a few times and he did even less

• Options

WSS said:

Jesus you lot.

I couldn't care less one way or the other.

Yet comment! :smiley:
    I would comment but it'll only be deleted for some unknown reason.
  • Options
    It is about time those pricks at Wimbledon got over the past. Move on ffs.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2017
    Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

Wombles start slagging him off and he'll be supported by ours. Wasn't saying he should or he shouldn't, plus Slade had his name chanted a few times and he did even less

Sure I heard "Robinsons Red & White Army" on Saturday v Fleetwood
  • Options

It is about time those pricks at Wimbledon got over the past. Move on ffs.

A bit unfair methinks.

Remember Selhurst Park?
    Yep, and i still ain't got over it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fiiish said:

Never ever should they stop the hostility , not until the day the franchise filth drop out of the league and go bust.

Talk about sitting on the fence!
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

At some point they need to drop the complete hostility to MK Dons. It has happened and there's no going back. A fierce rivalry is good but the level of hatred shown from AFCW to MKD is almost at parody levels. Not even the Old Firm clubs hate one another like that. Well, they do but it is a different kind of hatred, one stemming from decades of competition, not because of a botched ruling from the authorities that never should have happened. The agreement brokered by the FSF between the two sets of fans should have been a turning point; it's poor form to take an olive branch at the same time as returning a fist.

Couldn't agree less. I am sure many people mock our hatred of palace, especially when its so one sided.
  • Options
    The MKD fans at The Valley did sing a few anti AFC songs. I guess they're glad to have some sort of rivalry with anyone!
  • Options
    I heard that AFC Wimbledon are relocating to Milton Keynes as well to become MK Wimbles.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    drewman said:

Fiiish said:

At some point they need to drop the complete hostility to MK Dons. It has happened and there's no going back. A fierce rivalry is good but the level of hatred shown from AFCW to MKD is almost at parody levels. Not even the Old Firm clubs hate one another like that. Well, they do but it is a different kind of hatred, one stemming from decades of competition, not because of a botched ruling from the authorities that never should have happened. The agreement brokered by the FSF between the two sets of fans should have been a turning point; it's poor form to take an olive branch at the same time as returning a fist.

Couldn't agree less. I am sure many people mock our hatred of palace, especially when its so one sided.
    I didn't mean because it was one-sided but if the AFCW fans wanted to carry on slating everything MKD then they shouldn't have dropped their veto in the FSF. A bit two-faced given the concessions they got out of it. By all means target the bastards responsible but going after every person ever associated with the club is a bit sad. A bit like when Russell Brand went after RBS and ended up screaming at the cleaners.
  • Options
    I know a couple of Wombles (too young to have been around when they were successful). They really hate MK. Really really. And they hate them so much they've no room for hating Palace or Millwall like everyone else.
    I did tell them I thought this was odd, though they did both prefer us to the alternatives.
  • Options
    Robinscum! haha I like that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

I have a close friend who is a Wimbledon fan. I went to the hive to watch them play Barnet last season. Martin Allen got pelters. They do hate them. For me I can understand it. MK Dons pretty much represent the destruction of their football club in its original form. I think AFC are a great success story and we may, just may resemble them in some way, shape or form in 5-10 years if RD stays for much longer

I hate to say it but, in a few years, it could be us trying to find our way in the Conference or L2 as Charlton Utd (as some have previouly suggested on this wall).

I freely admit I wasn't there in the ground share days, but this club and it's future are important to me; and I'm aware that there are many of differing generations for whom the club, at the Valley, is their lifeblood - at least, it has a very high place in their lives - hence their commitment.

From that point of view, I can understand the attitude of AWCF fans - remember guys, in a few years, it could be us! I think there might be quite a few on this forum that would prefer a Charlton United rather than the horrible mix of the Spivs & Roland/Meire.

• Options

cabbles said:

I have a close friend who is a Wimbledon fan. I went to the hive to watch them play Barnet last season. Martin Allen got pelters. They do hate them. For me I can understand it. MK Dons pretty much represent the destruction of their football club in its original form. I think AFC are a great success story and we may, just may resemble them in some way, shape or form in 5-10 years if RD stays for much longer

I hate to say it but, in a few years, it could be us trying to find our way in the Conference or L2 as Charlton Utd (as some have previouly suggested on this wall).

I freely admit I wasn't there in the ground share days, but this club and it's future are important to me; and I'm aware that there are many of differing generations for whom the club, at the Valley, is their lifeblood - at least, it has a very high place in their lives - hence their commitment.

From that point of view, I can understand the attitude of AWCF fans - remember guys, in a few years, it could be us! I think there might be quite a few on this forum that would prefer a Charlton United rather than the horrible mix of the Spivs & Roland/Meire.

Well I know what you mean, as I always had mixed feelings about Charlton because of the way they treated Jimmy Seed.
    However, it took me 50 years to realise that the club is WAY more important than its owners.
    I'd stick with it. Owners come and go, clubs live forever, unless you move and change the name.