Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your first Superbowl

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

This may not be the right thread but how did you come to support/follow a specific team?

I've started watching a lot more NFL over the last couple years and went to Wembley this year to watch my first live game. But I have no team I have any kind of affiliation to. I want to have a favourite so it makes it more interesting but have no idea who to pick or why.

I love the film the Cincinnati Kid first saw it when I was about 8/9, i also had a tiger fixation. When I watched NFL for the first time heard the name saw the kit and fell in love with them instantly
  • Options
    Martin Johnson says American Football is a much tougher sport physically.
  • Options
    It hasn't happened yet.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Were you at an age where you were trying to take over the world with the look on your face and cat!! ;)
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

This may not be the right thread but how did you come to support/follow a specific team?

I've started watching a lot more NFL over the last couple years and went to Wembley this year to watch my first live game. But I have no team I have any kind of affiliation to. I want to have a favourite so it makes it more interesting but have no idea who to pick or why.

Could do worse than The Ravens. Good owner, good organization, great stadium, until the last couple of seasons a winning record. They're involved with their community and local charities, and they're playing in London in September.
  • Options
    Might watch it tonight if I'm still up and need some American adverts to fall asleep to.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Might watch it tonight if I'm still up and need some American adverts to fall asleep to.

It goes on all night.
  • Options
    Would love to give it a go but just don't have a spare 3.5 hours in my day for the the sake of about 11 minutes actual play. Complete and utter tosh!!......

An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes
  • Options

Would love to give it a go but just don't have a spare 3.5 hours in my day for the the sake of about 11 minutes actual play. Complete and utter tosh!!......

An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes

Baz we all know you dont like the sport so why bother posting the same stat on every nfl thread?
  • Options

Baz we all know you dont like the sport so why bother posting the same stat on every nfl thread?
    To be fair I did not know that. Thanks Baz, I was considering staying up tonight but I now know I won't bother.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LenGlover said:

Not a great American football fan to be honest but one game that sticks in the mind is when Walter Peyton (?spelling) was playing quarterback and I believe it was his team's first win. Don't even remember the year but a few years back now.

I think you're referring to the above named game, Len, Bears and Patriots. That was also my first Superbowl but I had the hump cos my Dolphins had lost to the Patriots en route. We were the only team to beat the Bears that season.
    That was my first year too. It was because the Dolphins were the only team to beat the all-conquering Bears that year that l decided to follow them. That, and because they had a proper legend in Dan Marino. And WRs Mark Clayton and Mark 'Super' Duper. And the best gear...

• Options
    Huskaris said:

If only Sky showed their own adverts and not the American adverts.

Or if it was also shown on advert free BBC
  • Options
    Entertaining before the start and at ht.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

You could do much worse than becoming an Eagles fan. The Philly press are terrific and you will learn a lot from just following them on Twitter. As a Charlton fan lots of analogies too. Great fans, historically disappointing team with lots to be proud of in between the disappointments. I go to see the Eagles once a year somewhere in the US and love it.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Low_Ears said:

ChiAddick said:

You could do much worse than becoming an Eagles fan. The Philly press are terrific and you will learn a lot from just following them on Twitter. As a Charlton fan lots of analogies too. Great fans, historically disappointing team with lots to be proud of in between the disappointments. I go to see the Eagles once a year somewhere in the US and love it.
    Recommending that a Charlton fan support the Eagles is an absolute outrage.
    Hear hear!
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Low_Ears said:

ChiAddick said:

Recommending that a Charlton fan support the Eagles is an absolute outrage.
    It's just one of those quirky irrational things in life that makes sense. Like getting married.
  • Options
    Eagles fans have a reputation of being the Millwall of the NFL!
  • Options

Eagles fans have a reputation of being the Millwall of the NFL!

Not really. Just passionate. The way it should be in my experience.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Eagles fans are a strange bunch. They're ferociously loyal but hate their team with a passion!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone that picked last nights to be their first had a result.