Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Frank Lampard Retires

2»

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

how many of the "golden generation" are left?

John Terry and Ashley Cole (if you include LA Galaxy). That's it I think.
    Who was meant to be the keeper?

Robinson is at Burnley and Green at Leeds and they are about the right age for the golden generation
    Not sure either were considered part of the Golden Generation. For me it was Beckham, Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Rooney, Rio, Sol, Terry, Neville (G), Cole.

Keeper first choice was Seaman at the end of his career, followed by Robinson.
    There are some seriously good players there, decent depth as well when you consider the available midfielders were Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Joe Cole with the likes of Carrick and Butt as reserves.
  • Options
    Very good player. A lot better than gerrard. Still overrated because he was English but less overrated than gerrard as he actually had a lot of quality. Very very good player. Not great. Very very good.
  • Options
    never rated him at west ham, thought he was an average player carrying a bit of weight. remember a lot of 'what a waste of money' chants when he first came to the valley with chelsea and I think a lot of people generally believed it

but how wrong we were and what a signing he turned out to be, his retirement is definitely a loss to the game
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Robinson is at Burnley and Green at Leeds and they are about the right age for the golden generation
    Not sure either were considered part of the Golden Generation. For me it was Beckham, Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Rooney, Rio, Sol, Terry, Neville (G), Cole.

David James?
    Never thought I'd read that name ever again
  • Options
    Jesus, I thought he had died listening to all the tributes on TalkSport.

He's bloody retired...at 38yo...give him a watch or something!
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

David James?
    Never thought I'd read that name ever again
    David James?
    Never thought I'd write that name ever again.
  • Options
    I thought he already had retired.
  • Options
    My respect for him grew by a substantial amount, when he gave James O'Brien an earful on the radio.
  • Options
    A tremendous player for Chelsea, but disappointing for England, as were many of the so called golden generation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

There are some seriously good players there, decent depth as well when you consider the available midfielders were Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Joe Cole with the likes of Carrick and Butt as reserves.
    Ashley Cole, surely
  • Options

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Ashley Cole, surely
    I was just talking about the available midfielders. Obviously Chris Powell and Paul Konchesky Ashley Cole would be LB.

Joe Cole was an integral part of the team around that time as well, it's easy to forget just how good he was in the 2000s as he's faded faster than most of his generation
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    This is a great find - Harry defending a teenage Frank at a supporters' meeting, while Frank sits quietly listening.

http://streamable.com/a2fsy
  • Options
    james o'brien is such a smarmy wind up merchant. Drives me to despair his shit keeps going viral.
  • Options

james o'brien is such a smarmy wind up merchant. Drives me to despair his shit keeps going viral.
    Agree, nothing worse than a touch of the viral shits.