Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oxford 18 February

I think that the 5 Round of the FA Cup,is scheduled for the weekend of the 18 February.

We are due to be playing Oxford at home that day, Because Oxford are in the 5 Round draw our which match will be postponed. This will mean that we have to fit another rearranged fixture into an already crowded fixture list.

Comments

• Maybe rearrange the Scunthorpe game for that day????
  • They could move the game to a Sunday and they could still play Saturday. .....wishful thinking
  • edited January 2017

shirty5 said:

Maybe rearrange the Scunthorpe game for that day????

Not when they are already playing Sheffield United
    Don't let little things like that get in our way lol
    You may have the freedom of Dublin, Jack but I doubt if that would sway the Football League to move the fixture.
  • Save it for April and our charge to the automatic places.

We beat Scunny and go second with only Swindon to beat to clinch promotion.

It is written
  • Have they announced the new date for Scunthorpe game yet
  • This can work to our advantage we're due to play 7 league games in February and 5 in March. Re-arrange it for March and then then we have 6 games in both months which makes February less demanding especially with 3 midweek away games to play.
  • Scunny or Oxford will be on the 21st March. ..as I am on holiday that week...if it is it will be only the 2nd home hame I have missed since 1998.
  • Scunny or Oxford will be on the 21st March. ..as I am on holiday that week...if it is it will be only the 2nd home hame I have missed since 1998.

Lightweight, not good enough :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Could play Rochdale away instead of midweek - they were due to play Scumwall

Think Rochdale away has been set already.

Think Rochdale away has been set already.
    7th February
  • I'm pleased Oxford won yesterday so that our match will be postponed - it's my birthday that day and it means I won't have to upset SWMBO by going!
  • I'm pleased Oxford won yesterday so that our match will be postponed - it's my birthday that day and it means I won't have to upset SWMBO by going!

It's my birthday too! I also got daggers for suggesting I would be at football...
  • I'm disappointed, I'm away for the Bury game so it means the only game I'll see in Feb is the Fleetwood one
  • I'm disappointed, I'm away for the Bury game so it means the only game I'll see in Feb is the Fleetwood one

Well, if it's any comfort, I have diverted my flight from Australia to Israel for a 24 hours stop in London (hotel an all), to watch my beloved Adicks for the first time since 1992, when I saw them losing (what else...) to Sunderland shortley after the return to the Valley... I was celebrating the Bolton miracle at 1am in Perth, when the news from Oxford arrived.... so, in the words of J. Lebawski: " it's a bumer man "... or in the words of Tom Waits: " it will take a lot of Whiskey to make this nightmare go away "...
  • Save it for April and our charge to the automatic places.

We beat Scunny and go second with only Swindon to beat to clinch promotion.

It is written

Yes, we lose and go into the play offs ..... What was it 12 successive wins, bottom placed Swindon at home ... cross ball Deano goes to claim .. ball thrown in back of net .. Swindon win 1-0 .. add insult to injury we had a collection for Swindon during the game, sent them away with loads of loose change and three poits .. our generosity is never ending.

It's my birthday too! I also got daggers for suggesting I would be at football...
    Am I missing something? It's YOUR Brithday so surely it's the one day of the year where you make the choice as to what you're doing?

Club have requested Rochdale to switch fixture to Sat 18/2
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting that instead of placing Scunthorpe in that vacnt spot we have asked to move a midweek game
  • Scunthorpe play Sheffield Utd that day
  • It would have been more sensible from Charlton's perspective to play Oxford 21/2 in my opinion. Could do both but they are unlikely to want to make the Feb schedule even more congested.

Club have requested Rochdale to switch fixture to Sat 18/2
    This needs its own thread @raytreacy69 , over to you as I don't want to steel your thunder.
  • Been rearranged for Tuesday 21st February.
  • Please close the other thread down.
  • 7 games this month. Make or break month.
  • shirty5 said:

7 games this month. Make or break month.

It's the same for all teams, more or less. Oxford have a tough FA cup game at Middlesbrough on the Saturday hopefully that will have an effect on them
  • shirty5 said:

14 pts minimum required from those 7 games

Fleetwood (H)
    AFC Wimbledon (A)
    Oldham (A)
    Rochdale (A)
    Oxford (H)
    Bury (H)
    Shrewsbury (A)

Those 14 pts must include 3 vs Fleetwood and budgeting for 1 vs Rochdale.

Would like to think this is very much achievable especially if Big Josh is available vs AFC Wimbledon
  • shirty5 said:

14 pts minimum required from those 7 games

Fleetwood (H)
    AFC Wimbledon (A)
    Oldham (A)
    Rochdale (A)
    Oxford (H)
    Bury (H)
    Shrewsbury (A)

Those 14 pts must include 3 vs Fleetwood and budgeting for 1 vs Rochdale.

Would like to think this is very much achievable especially if Big Josh is available vs AFC Wimbledon
    The optimistic side of me says we should be getting 19 points, winning 6 and only drawing away at Rochdale.

That would leave us in a very strong position, 58 points in 34 games. Would probably need around 16 points from the remaining 12.

I know 35 points from 19 is an excellent return, and probably very unlikely considering we have got 39 from 27, but I believe we can do it.