Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Bolton Match thread 28/01/17

Afternoon guys and gals. Well after a week off for everybody last Saturday we now return to action against a team that came down with us last season but are doing considerably better than us during the current season!!
Transfers IN seem to have dried up and with just 3 days left of the window is KR going to be able to improve our squad, or is RD holding onto the money made from the sales of Lookie and Fox? My guess is we are where we are and what we have is going to have to get us through until the end of the season, I hope Im wrong but I guess we'll know in just over 72 hours time.
So onto today, what type of team will we put out, with injuries and suspensions I think it'll be a team cobbled together in the hope that we can get a point, and that is my prediction I cant see past a draw, 1-1, and would be happy with that under the current circumstances.
Sources are saying that Bauer will start, so that could be a big plus and a welcome addition to the team, lets hope the 'sources' are right!!
I'll bring you the teams as soon as I get them, but for now and as always - COYR's!!!!
«13456720

Comments

  • Many thanks in advance RM. But i feel it will be a miserable 2.0 notlob
  • edited January 2017
    I think it will be 2-0 loss also
  • Have we ever won at the Reebok? Remember losing when we were both in the prem. Bolton seem to be somewhat a bogey team. 1-0 loss with a late goal I fear.
  • Thanks, in advance, for doing the match thread Red.

    Cannot see us getting anything today but living in hope............as usual.

    COYR!
  • ChiAddick said:

    Have we ever won at the Reebok? Remember losing when we were both in the prem. Bolton seem to be somewhat a bogey team. 1-0 loss with a late goal I fear.

    Yeah we beat them a week or two after losing in cup to them.
  • Yeah won 2-0, Pringle scored
  • C'MON CHARLTON
  • Sponsored links:


  • Thanks as always RM and seth.

    I've got cricket training today so I'll probably only pop in for the last half hour. I always go back and read the match as it happened though so thanks!

    COYR
  • I remember that one - part of our promotion push that year. What a change in fortunes!! I don't see much hope of a win, our squad is simply not up to what we needed after weakening it by selling Lookman.I sort of see a 4-1 defeat, though we do have a bit of grit in there which was sadly missing last year. Thanks in advance RM.
  • Not seen Dijksteel in the squad before? Next academy product to come through?
  • I predict a very bleary eyed SDAddick after having been up around 4am every morning this week due to a new job.

    Don't really know for the match. A lot will depend on who is 60 minutes fit. I can't see Holmes being there just yet. I'm hoping Novak is given he was only out around a month and has been training for a couple weeks. Also hope Bauer was able to get through training Thursday.

    If Holmes isn't 60 minutes fit but Tony Watt is, I wouldn't mind seeing him playing from the left. Chicksen seems to have the pace to get up and back and cover the flank allowing Watt to drift inside and look to beat a man. That said, can't see it happening.

    My preferred team (assuming Holmes isn't fit, otherwise have him in for TWWW)
    ......Rudd
    Solly......Konsa....Bauer.....Chicksen
    ..........Crofts.......JFC
    Byrne.......Aribo.....Watt/Holmes
    ...............Novak

    What I think we'll start with
    ........Rudd
    Solly....Konsa.....Bauer.....Chicksen
    ..........Crofts.......JFC
    Byrne......Aribo.......DaSilva
    ............Watt
  • SDAddick said:

    I predict a very bleary eyed SDAddick after having been up around 4am every morning this week due to a new job.

    Don't really know for the match. A lot will depend on who is 60 minutes fit. I can't see Holmes being there just yet. I'm hoping Novak is given he was only out around a month and has been training for a couple weeks. Also hope Bauer was able to get through training Thursday.

    If Holmes isn't 60 minutes fit but Tony Watt is, I wouldn't mind seeing him playing from the left. Chicksen seems to have the pace to get up and back and cover the flank allowing Watt to drift inside and look to beat a man. That said, can't see it happening.

    My preferred team (assuming Holmes isn't fit, otherwise have him in for TWWW)
    ......Rudd
    Solly......Konsa....Bauer.....Chicksen
    ..........Crofts.......JFC
    Byrne.......Aribo.....Watt/Holmes
    ...............Novak

    What I think we'll start with
    ........Rudd
    Solly....Konsa.....Bauer.....Chicksen
    ..........Crofts.......JFC
    Byrne......Aribo.......DaSilva
    ............Watt

    I am afraid that while typing this you were overtook by team selection :smile:

  • My psychic powers are a little low today and my crystal ball clouded.

    Prediction? Ain't got a clue.


  • What minute will Watt start breathing heavy in?

    I'm going for 23rd.
  • Hmm. Good players, not sure if the system suits them all though. Watt always drops so deep and the two wingers have spent more time at full back than as attackers. Hope Holmes can come on early as we need goal threats
  • Sponsored links:


  • ross1 said:

    SDAddick said:

    I predict a very bleary eyed SDAddick after having been up around 4am every morning this week due to a new job.

    Don't really know for the match. A lot will depend on who is 60 minutes fit. I can't see Holmes being there just yet. I'm hoping Novak is given he was only out around a month and has been training for a couple weeks. Also hope Bauer was able to get through training Thursday.

    If Holmes isn't 60 minutes fit but Tony Watt is, I wouldn't mind seeing him playing from the left. Chicksen seems to have the pace to get up and back and cover the flank allowing Watt to drift inside and look to beat a man. That said, can't see it happening.

    My preferred team (assuming Holmes isn't fit, otherwise have him in for TWWW)
    ......Rudd
    Solly......Konsa....Bauer.....Chicksen
    ..........Crofts.......JFC
    Byrne.......Aribo.....Watt/Holmes
    ...............Novak

    What I think we'll start with
    ........Rudd
    Solly....Konsa.....Bauer.....Chicksen
    ..........Crofts.......JFC
    Byrne......Aribo.......DaSilva
    ............Watt

    I am afraid that while typing this you were overtook by team selection :smile:
    I predicted a bleary eyes and tired SDAddick for a reason and that one came true!!!!
  • ----------Rudd
    Solly - Bauer - Konsa - Page
    ------Aribo - Crofts
    Byrne ----- JFC ----Chicksen
    ----------Watt


    Looks like that to me... Pretty strong team
  • Would have started Novak even if he only manages half the match. That way Watt can come on and run at them in the second half.
  • Hmm. Good players, not sure if the system suits them all though. Watt always drops so deep and the two wingers have spent more time at full back than as attackers. Hope Holmes can come on early as we need goal threats

    I think it suits everyone well with the exception of Watt, but I also don't think Novak is fit enough to start or he would.
  • What's happened to Phillips? Not on bench.
  • Two changes for Charlton - Watt starts instead of the injured Magennis, Forster Caskey gets his debut, Teixeira misses out suspended #cafc
    Dillon Phillips has a foot injury and misses out, with Dimitar Mitov taking his place on the bench #cafc
  • Not a lot of resemblance to the lineups in the early part of the season!
  • Odd there is no Rojo on the bench. With Paddy only had a few days training and Anfernee not even been on the bench before. A big risk!
  • Anyone know why Phillips isn't on the bench?
  • edited January 2017
    CAFCsayer said:


    -----------------Rudd
    Solly - Bauer - Konsa - Page
    ------Aribo - Crofts
    Byrne ----- JFC ----Chicksen
    ----------Watt


    Looks like that to me... Pretty strong team

    I was feeling more positive seeing Roger wasn't playing but If Rudd is playing that close to the corner flag i'm sticking with a heavy defeat. Damn driesen and his champ manager tactics
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out!