Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rubén Bover

Back on English soil having signed for Barnet.

Liked this kid and disappointed he never made it with us. We sponsored his kit that season if I remember

Comments

• shows the difference between american and english football wasnt he at ny red bulls
  • shows the difference between american and english football wasnt he at ny red bulls

was at the Red Bulls then NY Cosmos

Was last playing at the Cosmos which is a fair level below NY Red Bull/MLS standard.
  • se9addick said:

shows the difference between american and english football wasnt he at ny red bulls

Was last playing at the Cosmos which is a fair level below NY Red Bull/MLS standard.
    Yeah without getting too in depth into the very confusing US Soccer league structures, NAASL which is where Cosmos play is roughly the third division of US Soccer. To me that would link to roughly League Two or the Conference. The styles of play are very different so it's somewhat difficult to compare.

Wasn't the guy sat next to Katrien in the Dublin interview from either the NY Cosmos or NAASL? IIRC he was spouting a lot of nonsense about making NAASL equal with MLS then European leagues. US Soccer is unfortunately full of business speak.
  • SDAddick said:

se9addick said:

shows the difference between american and english football wasnt he at ny red bulls

Yeah without getting too in depth into the very confusing US Soccer league structures, NAASL which is where Cosmos play is roughly the third division of US Soccer. To me that would link to roughly League Two or the Conference. The styles of play are very different so it's somewhat difficult to compare.

Wasn't the guy sat next to Katrien in the Dublin interview from either the NY Cosmos or NAASL? IIRC he was spouting a lot of nonsense about making NAASL equal with MLS then European leagues. US Soccer is unfortunately full of business speak.
    I went to the NYC v NY Redbull match at Yankee Stadium in July and have watched a few MLS matches on TV and I'd say the quality of the MLS is probably around the standard of the lower half of the Championship. I've never seen any of the other leagues but I think relegation/promotion would really help the growth of the quality in the US but I understand the particularities of the franchise system.
  • edited January 2017
    I watch MLS pretty much every week as we have become very strong supporters of the Portland Timbers - even occasionally make the long drive to Portland to watch them. It's not bad & the games are generally open - climate & distance have a massive impact.

What i like about the MLS is it's unpredictability - the Premier League procession (not withstanding Leicester's flash in the pan) bores me rigid - I will never watch a game featuring the big 4 or 5 and a smaller team as the result is almost entirely predictable. If I watch Premier League games (& you can watch every game over here) - I'll watch relegation scraps.

Anyway the ex-Addick contingent continues to grow with Jonathan Spector joining Orlando - I think we now have BWP, Lloyd Sam, Spector & Christian Bolanos - am probably missing a couple more somewhere.