Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star Wars exhibition at The O2

Has anyone been to this?

Any good?

We are going on Sunday with cheap family tickets got from someone who couldn't make it.

Our boys are only 3 and 6 but Star Wars mad - am sure a lot of it will go over their heads but think they will just like seeing the costumes

Comments

• Options
    Only just heard about it. Have you got a link for it?
  • Options
    Yeah I went a few weeks back. It's good. Enjoyed it more than the thing they had at Madame Tussauds. Interactive stuff to keep you entertained and some interesting early concept art along with all the usual props and everything. Spent a good 45 minutes in there so worthwhile imo.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Yeah I went a few weeks back. It's good. Enjoyed it more than the thing they had at Madame Tussauds. Interactive stuff to keep you entertained and some interesting early concept art along with all the usual props and everything. Spent a good 45 minutes in there so worthwhile imo.

Agree pretty much with that. The props are the best bit - Star Destroyer, Millennium Falcon, AT-AT, etc. - actual pieces used in the filming.
  • Options
    If you want to take pictures, take a camera / 'phone that will work well in low light as you can take all the pics you want but can't use a flash.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Agree pretty much with that. The props are the best bit - Star Destroyer, Millennium Falcon, AT-AT, etc. - actual pieces used in the filming.
    Could have at least given me a like FFS.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
  • Options
    Just checked it out, sounds quite good. But if I wanted to go, I would take the Mrs but no doubt I'd have to pay for her as it's not her thing. So £40 would seem quite steep for me. If they was between £10-15 I'd say that was fair.

Is it where the British Music Experience use to be?
  • Options
    You're saying what a fair price for something is and you haven't been?
  • Options
    We went last month. It was a bit chaotic at the start, but that was because the staff seemed a bit clueless. You get a head set to wear, but it only works if you stand in certain areas of each exhibition room. They didn't tell us this, so everyone kept going back to the front desk thinking their head set was not working, when the reality was you were just out of range for the broadcast.

The identities aspect of it bored me. It was like a basic psychology lesson linked to the characters of Star Wars that they try to make interactive. I largely ignored that and instead just enjoyed looking at all the original costumes and models.

It was a bit like a much smaller, less well delivered Star Wars version of the Harry Potter Warner Bros tour, if you've ever been there.

Overall, worth going to if you are a Star Wars fan, but you'll probably be done within an hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    #followthespiders
  • Options
    The identity aspects was dull, they tried to give the exhibition a journey which was unnecessary. Great you can become a character from starwars, just a lot of drivel to get there.

I really enjoyed the models of the ship's. Lots of costumes and props to see as well as interesting concept art.

We went on a Sunday and it was busy so get there early.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

colthe3rd said:

Could have at least given me a like FFS.
    My name's not FFS.
  • Options
    I took my 8 year old before Christmas , he loved it but i think its geared more towards older kids .
  • Options
    Thanks all.

My boys really enjoyed it but obviously the 3 year old wasn't that interested in listening to the how genes and your environment help shape you. Both chose the Dark Side at the end and enjoyed seeing their profiles on the big screens at the end.