Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• No further Clauses in regards to Nick Pope though?

Just have to laugh at the fact that we tried to get Tom Davies in on loan!! - He'd already just made his League debut prior to Lookman going to Everton and got an assist on that debut
  • You have to ask why we didn't enquire about loaning Andre Gray when JBG joined Burnley. Very poor.
  • No further Clauses in regards to Nick Pope though?

Just have to laugh at the fact that we tried to get Tom Davies in on loan!! - He'd already just made his League debut prior to Lookman going to Everton and got an assist on that debut

I don't know about no more clauses regarding Pope, it could be they just weren't mentioned in whatever conversation Rich Cawley had with his source.

To be fair on the Tom Davies thing, the talks with Everton reportedly started back in November or something. Remember after his first game KR allegedly went up to watch Everton U-23s. Glad he, or someone at the club, at least have a good eye for young talent.
  • Interesting that the supposed value of Lookman's transfer has slipped again.
    Last time the quote was "a guaranteed £8M" the grey area then was around how soon any of it might be payable.
    The quote is now "...Charlton confident the deal is guaranteed to net at least £8million." subtle difference I know but definitely different.
    Sell on clauses and fees dependent on players' progression, international recognition etc, are commonplace and only to be expected when youngsters move on up but are we beginning to understand why this preposterous regime usually resorts to the "undisclosed fee" drivel?
    I'm getting the impression it is undisclosed because Roly, Latrine, Kahones, don't have any sort of firm grasp on how much is coming over what period. They can't tell us cos they don't know. "Undisclosed" conveniently fits the aloof, condescending, sneer with which they deign to communicate with us at all but I reckon that's as much window dressing as it is contempt.
    If the president or night meire tells you it's raining, be sure to stick your hand out the window to check.
  • Interesting that the supposed value of Lookman's transfer has slipped again.
    Last time the quote was "a guaranteed £8M" the grey area then was around how soon any of it might be payable.
    The quote is now "...Charlton confident the deal is guaranteed to net at least £8million." subtle difference I know but definitely different.
    Sell on clauses and fees dependent on players' progression, international recognition etc, are commonplace and only to be expected when youngsters move on up but are we beginning to understand why this preposterous regime usually resorts to the "undisclosed fee" drivel?
    I'm getting the impression it is undisclosed because Roly, Latrine, Kahones, don't have any sort of firm grasp on how much is coming over what period. They can't tell us cos they don't know. "Undisclosed" conveniently fits the aloof, condescending, sneer with which they deign to communicate with us at all but I reckon that's as much window dressing as it is contempt.
    If the president or night meire tells you it's raining, be sure to stick your hand out the window to check.

Nightmeire may also have sold on the additional payments, for a guaranteed sum (as Richard Murray did with Darren Bent's add-ons); I doubt she got as good a price though!