Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marcus Bent

i know he is not very popular but i fell that if he was to stay he could really do a job for us with his build i am sure he would bang a few in, infact i will make a bold prediction that he will score 20 plus if he stays fit next year.

Comments

• Options
    there's bold and there's ridiculous and that's ridiculous. If he stays fit I couldn't see him scoring more than five. You have to shoot to score and unless it's in the bedroom his shooting is crap.
  • Options
    I think roseandcrown needs to take a nice long lie-down in a darkened room until these weird hallucinations go away....
  • Options
    Also he couldt give two shades about us, trumpted up over rated journey man who has no interest in breaking a sweat yet alone running through a wallfor us(which is what we are going to need) to get back up to the big time....

Sell him
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Also he couldt give two shades about us, trumpted up over rated journey man who has no interest in breaking a sweat yet alone running through a wallfor us(which is what we are going to need) to get back up to the big time....

Sell him

great post
  • Options
    i knew i would get some stick for that but i just have a hunch, also when he stared playing under AP i thought he battled for the team.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]i knew i would get some stick for that but i just have a hunch, also when he stared playing under AP i thought he battled for the team.
    he did, but with his wages we have got to be hoping he moves on ... when we signed him he overtook Matt Holland to become our highest paid player at the time. Dazza probably got parity in the summer.
    Am(a)dy Faye is probably on similar wages too.
  • Options
    stop taking acid roseandcrown.
  • Options
    At CCC he'll be playing at his level, however he'll be on Prenmiership wages and hasn't done enough over the season and a half to warrant keeping him. Get rid and get his wages off the books.

The problem is that he is under contract and I can't see another club coming in for him and offering him the same money.
  • Options
    Marcus Bent is a (very) poor mans Shaun Bartlett.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    na Bartlett was decent in the air big Bent is no better than little Bent in that dept in my opinion.. or perhaps thats what you meant?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]na Bartlett was decent in the air big Bent is no better than little Bent in that dept in my opinion.. or perhaps thats what you meant?

It is what I meant really!

Bartlett was criticised for not scoring enough goals when he was with us but he was far more prolific than Marcus and had a much better work ethic too, being particularly useful in defensive situations from set pieces.
  • Options
    Hi All - new boy here. Regrettably, despite once appearing to have skill, energy, and enthusiasm (witness performances / goals for Ipswich and Sheff Utd. against us), MB now clearly places far more emphasis on scoring off the pitch than on. A succession of managers have sussed that those "determined" chases to close down defenders invariably culminate in pulling up just short of contact (again, not apparently akin to his bedroom antics), and perhaps even a Heskey-esque wince and point at the hamstring / back / newly discovered strain that forces him "reluctantly" off. 3 in 41 Prem games speaks for itself, and would only be forgivable if it was the output of a forward who gave a t*ss about our club. I was never Bartlett's biggest fan, but as observed, he did at least defend well at set pieces. Please shed the ill-earned wages and offload to the first mug asap