Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have you ever coined a phrase or saying that's become widely used?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rubbishley, you are Curbish, lad I knew who once berated Mr C, didn't take on but at the time was more than mildly amusing.

• Options
    Spongefoot and Geordie Smiler

oh you say widely used not hardly
  • Options
    I genuinely maintain that I was the first person at my school to call someone a "bumscum"
  • Options
    How about the Pardew you are a f**king Cnut?

Pretty sure that was one of his players coined that one.
  • Options
    My sister (Paramedic at the time) used to refer to immigrant construction workers as Polish Pete and I liked it and used it on here for Peter Parsley - that actually seems to have taken off and it raises a smile every time I read it.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Only on Charlton Life
  • Options
    I have the misfortune to work with a mid-twenties stripey Nigel. He's a bit of an idiot to be fair to him.

This season is giving me so much enjoyment on that front.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I genuinely maintain that I was the first person at my school to call someone a "bumscum"

And the last?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    "bumpy ride"

"I'll believe when it's on the official site"

"The Spanners" is my favourite though
  • Options
    I'd like to put in a preliminary claim to the 'vinegar' of Nobby Vinegar.
  • Options
    I'm the one who came up with the "feeeesh" thing on the big screen. I was a little kid in the North lower who thought it would be funny and ended up annoying everyone around me to the point where they joined in.

It sort of escalated from there.
  • Options
    Love Jacko to bits
  • Options
    i remember growing up a mate claimed to invented the term "chode" - a penis thicker than it is long.
  • Options

i remember growing up a mate claimed to invented the term "chode" - a penis thicker than it is long.

Its the curse of the predictive text again
  • Options
    Not everybody's cup of tea, but Stewart Lee's family saying ... 'Pear cider that's made from 100 per cent pears' ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd4FfNpYxF0
  • Options
    A accidentally coined the phrase Chegars can't be boozers via the medium of spoonerism.

How I laughed when I discovered Keith Chegwin was an alcoholic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I sent in two made up jokes to Eagle Radio the local radio station in the 1980s who were inviting listeners jokes on "What do you call someone who......."

I've since heard both repeated on air.

What do you call a man smashing a jeweller's window - Robin
    What do you call a man under a pile of leaves - Russell

Not wanting anyone to know I wasn't a respectable business man above such puerile triviality, I hadn't mentioned it to anyone, but a neighbour heard my name check on the radio and called my wife to see if it was the same silly bugger she was married to.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

McBobbin said:

And the last?
    No. I overheard someone in year 5 say it, much to my horror. So I called him a big poo.
  • Options

I sent in two made up jokes to Eagle Radio the local radio station

You Palace fan !