Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester City .. Is It Possible ?

Champs one season, relegation chumps the next ? .. remember Ipswich you Foxes and be VERY afraid

Comments

• edited January 2017
    They have been pretty shite this season, but as said above, there are at least 3 teams worse than them.
  • They should have enough to survive, not helped at the moment by Mahrez and Slimani being away at the AFCON
  • edited January 2017
    No, palace are going down with hull and Sunderland
  • edited January 2017
    JiMMy 85 said:

Reasonably possible, but that group of players has shown fighting spirit in a championship and a relegation battle in the last two years. The spirit around the club is better than Palace, Sunderland and Hull. I just can't see two of those teams finishing above Leicester.

Two? Also, the others don't have a Champions League distraction. (Sunderland the only one of that 4 out of the FA Cup.)
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Reasonably possible, but that group of players has shown fighting spirit in a championship and a relegation battle in the last two years. The spirit around the club is better than Palace, Sunderland and Hull. I just can't see two of those teams finishing above Leicester.

1 could though, and that could be enough to relegate them...

• Palace Hull Sunderland my pick to go down, though Watford and Swansea are very much in the mix.
  • The only reason Sunderland are not as good as down already is Jermain Defoe (as much as that pains me to say.) Hull's new manager is no fool and might be able to rescue them. Palace, Watford and Swansea could all still get sucked into the mire and post-January one lower team seems to go on a good run and high flyer hits the skids so it's still up in the air. If they do stay up it will be more because of three teams being worse, rather than because of any particular brilliance on their part this season.
  • Would make last seasons title win an even bigger achievement if they do go down. It would be suprising but not shocking IMO. There's not too much difference from teams like Leicester,Watford and Swansea etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

Aren't they still in the European cup? Winning that trophy and being relegated would be some going.

Still in Champions League... Sevilla next round
  • Don't think they're going to have to worry about european football for too much longer. Sevilla are a class act this season.
  • I think they are fortunate that this season there's some pretty poor teams down there - Hull, Sunderland, Palace and probably Swansea and 'Boro are pretty terrible and I'm sure Leicester will finish above them and certainly above three of those.

Its incredible what's happened to that defence which was great last season - every time I see them play this season Morgan looks like a park player.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Two? Also, the others don't have a Champions League distraction. (Sunderland the only one of that 4 out of the FA Cup.)
    They're sixth from bottom. It's three teams that need more points than Leicester, and I'd wager Swansea might do that, but I can't see two others (including Boro) doing so.
  • Don't think they're going to have to worry about european football for too much longer. Sevilla are a class act this season.

But the 2nd leg (at home) isn't until the 14th March, so they will literally still be in the Champions League while they play their next 6 rounds of PL matches (assuming no postponements or Acts of God) at least.

They should have 10 PL games left after that...
  • just 8months ago they were crowned champions
    all became household names some even brought books out
    what has happened to them now
    no one expected them to challenge for the tittle again
    but didnt expect things to be this bad
  • edited January 2017
    I'm pretty sure they will pick up enough home points. Was always going to happen. Teams have given them more respect and they may have lost that 2 or 3% desire that they are clearly still showing in Europe. If they stay up - which they will - and win their next Champions league tie, I think this season won't be such a disapointment!
  • CAFCsayer said:

Solidgone said:

Aren't they still in the European cup? Winning that trophy and being relegated would be some going.

Still in Champions League... Sevilla next round
    It's a cup competition with a sprinkling of champions. Therefore European Cup is a better name.

That is a shame - the chapter on casual racism is a doozy.

That is a shame - the chapter on casual racism is a doozy.
    was tempted for a pound
  • Sponsored links:

• fair play to them for last season i was over the moon when they done it, spurs bottled it end of, and ive got a soft spot for spurs but they did, read vardys autobiography and hes just a lad that loves playing football coming from the ass end of sheffield. i dont think they will go down, but even if they did who cares they won the premier league and no one can take that away from them.
  • Definitely can. Team is too good but I think they have gone off the boil completely and their players are struggling g to acclimatise from being lauded as Champs one moment to chumps the next. Trying to get yourself up for a relegation battle when a year ago you were gunning for the title will be tough mentally.

Sunderland are terrible, Hull have sold Livermore and may sell Snodgrass with Mason now out they are as good as gone. Leaves one more which I think will likely be Swansea but could be Watford, Boro or Leceister. palace will be fine with Big Sam, Remy, Benteke and Zaha.
  • What it shows is how good Kante is, their defence has been terrible without him in front of them

Possibly 2 top flight titles in a row with 2 different clubs, there can't be many players who've done that if any?
  • What it shows is how good Kante is, their defence has been terrible without him in front of them

Possibly 2 top flight titles in a row with 2 different clubs, there can't be many players who've done that if any?

This - all day long.

I have heard more than one manager (Conte in particular), who have said that Kante is literally like having two players as he covers so much ground, and does the job of two men.

It can't be a coincidence that he has played for the champions two years in a row - whilst at different clubs!

Did Cantona do it with Leeds n Man U?
  • Dont worry Mahrez is back from the African Nations Cup they'll be fine... Same way Palace will be okay with Zaha back ;)

Did Cantona do it with Leeds n Man U?
    the purists like myself will say yes because Leeds won the last Old First Division and then he won the very first Premier League title the next season with Man Utd- the modern day Football fan will probably say no because Football was only invented in 1992.