Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Malta?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Been going to Malta since the 70's. I was introduced to the island by my parents when we spent many family holidays there. Carried on going in my teens and early twenties with friends then with my wife. We then started having our family holidays there when our kids were young and have carried on going every few years since. My kids are now 22 and 23 and have fallen for its charm. It is our 30th wedding anniversary this year and we are planning 3 nights in Rome, 3 nights in Sicily before getting the ferry to Malta for 2 nights in Valletta then the rest of the family are flying out to join us for a week in a villa near St Juliens in Malta
    I think Malta is somewhere you either love or hate.
    Gozo is like Malta was 30 years ago where the pace of life if just wonderful. Valletta and the Grand Harbour along with Mdina (The Silent City) have loads of history to enjoy. Food is a mixture of English/Italian and Maltese and is generally very good. The people are fantastic and friendly and love the British. There are some lovely beaches if small, the main ones tend to be over crowded but do your research and you will find some beautiful secluded beaches of the beaten track. The swimming and snorkelling of the rocks is excellent. The buses are regular and cheap but can be crowded and hot. Car hire is cheap and they drive on the same side of the road, parking can be difficult so you need to be patient. The island is so small no where is far away.
  • Options
    out there for 5 days for the england game staying in st julians.
  • Options
    If you like scuba diving some of the wrecks are outstanding