Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pitch inspection *GAME CALLED OFF*

Comments

• Options
    Pretty disgraceful that we can't get the game on.
  • Options
    f&&&&&&& it .. spent all week in London waiting for this
  • Options
    Bollox my mate has just landed at Gatwick come over for game.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Valley11 said:

Redrobo said:

My understanding is that the heating was laid taking advantage of the pitch being dug up completely and drainage put in. It is a requirement in the premier league and it made sense to put it in then as digging it all is the major expense. It has never been the intention to have it up and running until we get there.

That makes total sense to me. We do not get the crowds or Sky to justify the expense.

Redrobo said:

My understanding is that the heating was laid taking advantage of the pitch being dug up completely and drainage put in. It is a requirement in the premier league and it made sense to put it in then as digging it all is the major expense. It has never been the intention to have it up and running until we get there.

That makes total sense to me. We do not get the crowds or Sky to justify the expense.

Surely our multi millionaire owner could afford it, particularly with all the Kermorgant, Gomez, Lookman, JBG, Fox money burning a hole in his pocket.
    You're forgetting. The duct tape must be wearing a bit thin now so he needs to be careful as the cost of a new pair of shoes must be factored into the budget. On the bright side, no fear of burst pipes.
  • Options
    Good, by the time we play them we'll be in a much better position
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully no Scunthorpe fans worried about the prospect of a postponement read the Football Ground Guide before they started their journey. It describes us as having undersoil heating! Mmmmmmm, well yes and no.
  • Options
    A bit early to call it off isn't it? It will be thawed out by 3.00pm.
  • Options
    Scunthorpe have lost 3 and drew 1 of their last 4 away games so don't buy this 'good time to get it postponed.'
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Call it off... call it off. Should be able to get some players fit by next week. Bauer back at a minimum. Possibly Lennon as well. And Holmes, Novak and Watt a weeks extra training so I'd feel much more confident...

Cheers canters don't you worry about my train fare
    Sorry for that lad. I believe they call it the greater good. You already started your journey then?!
    Yes just got to Bickley train station
    That is most annoying. I apologise for the delay and regret any inconvenience caused.

Yes that was about as sincere as a southeastern apology...
    Not all bad I can pretend to the wife I want to spend the day with her instead
    Don't do that - you've got the ideal opportunity to go boozing all day
  • Options
    I have no idea how any of it works, so could someone explain how the under-pitch heating works if it is not connected to a boiler, and what's the point of it if it fails to work in sub-zero temperatures?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

I have no idea how any of it works, so could someone explain how the under-pitch heating works if it is not connected to a boiler, and what's the point of it if it fails to work in sub-zero temperatures?

The pipework is installed (the hard part) but not the boiler. So we don't have under soil heating
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I hope the vol au vents don't go to waste.

All around Sue's for a blindfolded Vol-Au-Vent tasting and Morris Dancing afternoon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted, was so looking forward to picking up this month's VOTV!
  • Options

What a shambles , nearly five hours of sun would make it playable surely . F*** Off Roland by the way .

Looking at the photo on the club's website it looks like the Covered End half of the pitch is in shade - the penalty area at least won't see too much sun because of the shade from the East Stand.

At least the early postponement has saved me a bloody long journey today - I'd normally have left before 10:30.
  • Options

Definately think the club have allowed it to freeze over to deliberately get the game postponed.

Agreed
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

The pipework was put in when the pitch was re-laid because it is a requirement of the Premier League. The system presumably costs a lot of money to run so won't be connected until the club reaches the Premier League.
  • Options
    Apart from Crawley, the only game in the League called off!

We are a joke under this ownership.
  • Options
    Pathetic
  • Options

Definately think the club have allowed it to freeze over to deliberately get the game postponed.

This
    They made zero effort to keep it on. Suits the team not to play it. It isn't incompetence this time.