Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leyton Orient Club Statement {...}

Comments

• Options
    Dearie me. They have their own special brand of arseholes over there.
  • Options
    "I think that my absence due to ill health could have had some negative effect, but I believe even further that the absence of Mr Becchetti during the last three months has had a more negative impact on the squad. His personal business did not allow him to be close to the team, when he would usually come to the training ground every Friday and to the games on a Saturday. Mr Becchetti has a great charisma and the players definitely feel his absence. "

Wow. Doesn't quite top the {...} but it comes close.
  • Options
    The craziness continues.
  • Options
    squirm squirm
  • Options
    Sounds like player farming on the cheap at the Orient too. Terrible things happening to our game with these foriegn owners (assumed) looking for a quick buck. Hope they all get their fingers burned.
  • Options
    Just listening on radio now. More similarities with us than I realised.
  • Options
    A bloke in work with had a son at Orient, he's on the verge of the first team, but at the same time is seriously thinking about knocking it on the head and starting again elsewhere. He says it's like being employed by a circus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:
    That statement's so badly written it'd fail the Turing test.
  • Options
    weird
  • Options
    Orient have been a mess ever since Barry Hearn sold them, so longer than us...

3 places and 2 points above the relegation places, that's awful, there are some big names fighting to stay in the football league this season
  • Options
    Wow.

It's the comments about the former players I can't get over. Don't know what's happened behind the scenes to prompt this statement (if anything), but I'm struggling to see what can possibly justify such a public flogging.

What on earth are they trying to achieve? Who exactly do they think they're getting onside with this statement!?

Didn't realise how bad things were over there.

• Options
    That's a seriously misguided statement. Definitely on a par with {...}

Maybe Roland could make an offer for them...try his methods in the East side of town
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

That's a seriously misguided statement. Definitely on a par with {...}

Maybe Roland could make an offer for them...try his methods in the East side of town

It's much worse than Roland's statements, at least RD and KM wouldn't put a comment on the OS commenting on individual players, such as "Jordan Bowery’s contribution during the first half of the season was imperceptible, so his departure can be considered neutral,"

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's right up there with Roland's statement/rant for gobsmacking idiocy.

It never ceases to amaze me how such stupid people get to be so rich. What am I doing wrong?
  • Options

Classic distancing tactic by the comms teams of not correcting the grammar.

"A Club Statement from Chief Executive Alessandro Angelieri reads as follows"

=

"Look. Everyone in the communication team told the owner this was a bad idea but he won't listen to us and insisted we put this out. Is anyone looking for an experienced PR professional by any chance..?"
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Given our location to the O's, my guess is someone told him what to say that statement and it was put together on a sunday evening. ;)
  • Options
    I wonder how much he wants for Jay Simpson? Not quite a Mag replacement but similar I think.
  • Options
    There was me thinking things were bad here. Cor blimey
  • Options
    seth plum said:

There will be some Orient fans who will agree with every word, and point out that the bloke is funding the club.

Only after they've swallowed their vol-au-vents.
  • Options

"A Club Statement from Chief Executive Alessandro Angelieri reads as follows"

=

"Look. Everyone in the communication team told the owner this was a bad idea but he won't listen to us and insisted we put this out. Is anyone looking for an experienced PR professional by any chance..?"
    No point looking at us...we've already got more PR professionals than {...customers...}!!!
  • Options

Good statement, as long as you read it in the style of Captain Alberto Bertorelli from 'Allo 'Allo.