Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Upbeats Day 2017 - 8th April *Hales and Flanagan first walkers announced*

Comments

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Has anyone who signed up received a confirmation email yet? Think I may have entered my address incorrectly and haven't heard anything back.

I have not had a conformation either.
    Nada.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Got my confirmation email........ Its a bit strong I thought ;)

Hello Bailey & Valli
    Thank you for signing up to Charlton Upbeats Day on Saturday April 8th.
    You can start fundraising by directing your friends and family to our JustGiving page here >>>
    We will be in touch with you when tickets for Charlton's game against Southend United go on sale with information about your exclusive discount code.
    p.s Do you have to bring him?
    Thanks
    James
  • Options
    Now got confirmation
  • Options

I've had a confirmation email now.

Yes, mine just came through too.
    Did you manage to get your address right............
  • Options
    We are both in. Proud to be part of this.
  • Options
    Signed up
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    If I remember rightly people were split up in groups the first year. I would prefer to be walking with mates so can you sort it out AFKA that we can all be put together. We can hold hands if you like too.

Just registered us both, day after Tavern's birthday.

• Options
    I'm hoping to be back in the country, if so I'll be in and will bring my GSD Cinna with me (Kick Ass 2 dog). I'll sign up and try to arrange that I'm in UK for that week.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I would prefer to be walking with mates so can you sort it out AFKA that we can all be put together.

Walking with mates!!
    Thats me on my own again :(
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

If I remember rightly people were split up in groups the first year. I would prefer to be walking with mates so can you sort it out AFKA that we can all be put together. We can hold hands if you like too.

Just registered us both, day after Tavern's birthday.

Pretty certain you can switch between groups without a problem if we can't get in the same group.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    fancied it this year as part of my fitness regime but am on holiday.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Damn. I will be in Malaysia that day. I'll do a 9 mile walk in Malaysia on the same day though and try and find some sponsors.

Seems a bit extreme just to avoid walking with me again @thai malaysia addick !

Wife and kids keen this year though, so just signed us all up. Really enjoyed it last year, apart from the fact my hands had got so cold I couldn't operate my zip by the time we stopped at the Fox under the Hill.
  • Options

fancied it this year as part of my fitness regime but am on holiday.

Still awaiting your debut at football on Sunday
  • Options
    Signed up - first time entrant after hearing good things about this
  • Options
    Nice one @MartinCAFC i look forward to putting a face to the name (unless you are really ugly of course!)

Looking a great turnout this year, hopefully many more will get involved. A lot of Charlton related stuff hasn't been great fun last couple of years so its great to be able to get involved with something positive
  • Options
    I've held the money for approximately last 10 years. Charlton Life used to sponsor between 6-12 shirts a year.

Nowadays Charlton Life members put their money into the Protest Fund. It's needed.

But on the 8th April this year I expect us lot to donate to our next favourite charity... The Upbeats.
  • Options
    Just signed up. Very happy to do my bit for the upbeats again. I'll even walk with TCE .
  • Options
    And that's a sacrifice :-)

Looking a great turnout. Hope we get more off here taking the plunge.
  • Options

Just signed up. Very happy to do my bit for the upbeats again. I'll even walk with TCE .

The cheque is in the post. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well the good news is people that @T.C.E has someone publicly agreeing to walk with him, so if that was putting you off you are now free to sign up :-)
  • Options
    How long does it take again roughly?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Not sure, I don't like it rough.
  • Options
    Seriously, about 3-3.5 hours.
  • Options
    WSS said:

About 3hrs. There's normally one or two stops in the middle. The route doesn't involve Shooters Hill and is mainly flat bar going downhill in Greenwich Park.
  • Options
    Damn. Date clash. Would have been up for this this year with dog in tow but will be in France for a mate's 60th thrash. Sorry.
  • Options
    I registered last week but not received any confirmation email or contact etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    a mate reminded me about this yesterday, he isn't a Charlton fan but is doing it with mates who are. Can anyone tell me how this works if I want to take my dogs too? I mean what happens when I rock up at The Valley with them at the end, can they come in to watch the match too? etc etc. Seriously, how does it work if you bring a dog or two?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    As you know you can't take your dog into the ground so you will hVe to leave straight away. And you've also got to get you and your dog back to Sparrows Lane where you left your car. Unless you can get someone to drop you and collect.