Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Silent Witness explanation please - Spoiler Alert

Ok I'm tired, it's been a long day, but did anyone understand that ending ?

Did the brother kill the first girl on purpose, because she witnessed his affair with her mother, or was it an attempt to silence her that went wrong ?

Why did he kill the second girl, who almost got totally forgotten ?

Comments

• Options
    He killed the first to shut her up and the second as she caught him attempting to move the body.

The programme seems to get more annoying though, do you think it has run it's course?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    cfgs said:

He killed the first to shut her up and the second as she caught him attempting to move the body.

The programme seems to get more annoying though, do you think it has run it's course?

Bloody annoying, especially how they make the coppers so dumb & the forensics seem to run the investigations from top to bottom.

However, Emilia Fox is a sort, so I'll persevere.
  • Options

cfgs said:

Bloody annoying, especially how they make the coppers so dumb & the forensics seem to run the investigations from top to bottom.
    I know what you mean, every police drama seems to have been given the "CSI" treatment
  • Options

cfgs said:

However, Emilia Fox is a sort, so I'll persevere.
    Plus they interfere in everything. After her talking to the mum why was she let in with the detective to see her in prison?

Also they discover where the second victim had been but it isn't sealed off and the Dad goes in for a snoop about.

I bet the police hate it.
  • Options
    When the Dad said he had been out in the rain on the night of his daughter's disappearance, I thought they'd check the weather that day.

And when the Mum said the marriage was sexually dead, they didn't ask her if there was any other sexual partners.

Covered End is correct though. Emilia Fox is lovely, even if she isn't the best actress in the world. Think David Caves is pretty good also as Jack, didn't think 'Harry' could be replaced that well.
  • Options
    Nikky Alexander must be going half mad - she's got through three whole stories without strumping some entirely inappropriate cad, bounder or felon. If previous series are anything to go by, she'll be spending the rest of this one permanently horizontal. She does certainly a good dinner or two tho...
    SW is Monday evening entertainment - beautifully shot, occasionally lively or disturbing but ultimately inconsequential.
  • Options
    Jack is the Silent Witness answer to Sherlock.
    Doesn't miss a thing - solves everything!
  • Options

Jack is the Silent Witness answer to Sherlock.
    Doesn't miss a thing - solves everything!

Yeah - lucky that sarnie wrapper got stuck in that bush.
  • Options
    Between this and the model train threads fans coming here from other forums must be wondering what the hell is going on.
  • Options
    First time me and the wife said at the end of it "I didn't get it". Agree with all of the above. Unrealistic. Annoying. Frustrating etc. but I still love it. Especially Foxy! So much so im also watching Delicious - a right proper women's programme with Dawn French!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turns out, Bruce Willis was a ghost the whole time !
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Between this and the model train threads fans coming here from other forums must be wondering what the hell is going on.

Bit like this isnt it?

• Options

Nikky Alexander must be going half mad - she's got through three whole stories without strumping some entirely inappropriate cad, bounder or felon. If previous series are anything to go by, she'll be spending the rest of this one permanently horizontal. She does certainly a good dinner or two tho...
    SW is Monday evening entertainment - beautifully shot, occasionally lively or disturbing but ultimately inconsequential.

Interesting they had a go at the refugee debate in the previous episodes though. I didn't find it entirely convincing but fair play for exploring it.

Agree the forensic team's role is absurdly overstated, but the programme wouldn't work otherwise.