Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

C.A.R.D.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Daggs said:

So, what has happened to CARD. It's gone awfully quiet.

Winter break.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It's not really a war though, is it?

Yes it is. And the first casualty of any war is truth. Lazy Daisy will confirm that.

• Options
    Walls have ears.....
  • Options
    In 'The Art of War' by Sun Tzu one piece of advice is to be loud and belligerent just before a retreat, and quiet and conciliatory just before an attack.
    The book also says to engage an opponent at a time and a place of your choosing, not a time and a place of their choosing.
    In the chapter 'The army on the march', paragraph 37 says 'To begin by bluster, but afterwards to take fright at the enemy's numbers, shows a supreme lack of intelligence', which puts me in mind of the PowerPoint/2% meeting, and the subsequent overkill reaction.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Leuth said:

If it's a war, people get to feel extra important

True. Especially the condescending pricks. As if they need an opportunity to puff out their chests and shake their take feathers. Amirite?
  • Options
    Gotta say, I logged in just now expecting a notification to tell me that Cabes had posted in the Argument Alerter to say it's all gone sideways on this thread.

Disappointed of France
  • Options
    Do you live in France Rob?
  • Options
    Yeah, but only until I get jogged on after Brexit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I suspect they are being respectful to the fans who have wanted to give Karl Robinson a chance and given the relative lack of enthusiasm for the last in-game protest (the taxis). Let's face it, we have been here before and it wasn't long before we were all in full revolt again. We are more of a Player Farm than ever before, the first team budget continues to shrink and the hopeless Katrien Meire is still directing traffic. The only real difference is actual home attendances are down by c 50% so matchday protesting is understandably less effective.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Solidgone said:

Walls have ears.....

and ice cream....
    and sausages.
  • Options

Yeah, but only until I get jogged on after Brexit

For one desperate moment, I thought this was some strange fetish.
  • Options

He does now, but he used to own ......
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

He does now, but he used to own ......
    A shop in Robertsbridge
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Wrong thread.
  • Options
    Not quite sure that 'war' is the best term to use, prefer ' campaign'.
    'work in an organized and active way towards a goal'.

synonyms: crusade, fight, battle, work, push, press, strive, struggle, agitate; promote, advocate, champion, speak for, lobby for, propagandize
    "a movement campaigning for political reform"
    The above I found on google.......

I also worked for a newspaper called 'campaign', which for a time had a sister publication 'campaign europe'....
  • Options

synonyms: crusade, fight, battle, work, push, press, strive, struggle, agitate; promote, advocate, champion, speak for, lobby for, propagandize

Is this a game of Mallet's Mallet?
  • Options

Is this a game of Mallet's Mallet?
    That would therefore make it... "utterly brilliant!" as Timmy might say....... "blaaah!"
  • Options

Gotta say, I logged in just now expecting a notification to tell me that Cabes had posted in the Argument Alerter to say it's all gone sideways on this thread.

Disappointed of France

Logged in now to see the misappropriations are still occurring into the new year.

Agitated of the forest Hill/east Dulwich border
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Disappointed of France

Logged in now to see the misappropriations are still occurring into the new year.

cagitated of the forest Hill/east Dulwich border
    Fixed it for you