Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WHERE WILL MY PASSPORT TAKE ME ?

2»

Comments

• Beat me to it.
  • By this time next year: Dover.
  • iainment said:

If you renew on line how is the photo verified?

My husband's photo failed due to shadows on the background.
    Is he Cliff Richard?
    Cliff Richard married?
  • Thanks for the advice all. Passport was sent on Tuesday, received back the new one today. Unbelievable turnaround!

It's not a lovely blue one though unfortunately :wink:
  • My passport runs out un July. Will the new one have the same number? I ask because I'll be using it in April and July and might need yhe number to book seats.
  • iainment said:

My passport runs out un July. Will the new one have the same number? I ask because I'll be using it in April and July and might need yhe number to book seats.

If your the pilot, you should fine. ;)
  • iainment said:

My passport runs out un July. Will the new one have the same number? I ask because I'll be using it in April and July and might need yhe number to book seats.

I recently got a new passport, totally different numbers.
  • iainment said:

Number will be different.
  • Thanks.
  • iainment said:

As I understand it, that's the whole reason for numbered passports and expiry dates. Should one fall into the wrong hands the same number could not be used indefinitely.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2018
    iainment said:

You've probbaly missed a trick. You should have got this sorted already. You can renew an expiring passport well before its expiry and get up to nine months "credit". So your new one will be valid for up to 10 years 9 months. It's also much less stressful renewing in the quiet season rather than the summer when the Passport Office has to deal with all the last minute applications.

I'd apply for a new passport as soon as you get back from your April trip. As others have said, it will have a new number.
  • Stig said:

iainment said:

As I understand it, that's the whole reason for numbered passports and expiry dates. Should one fall into the wrong hands the same number could not be used indefinitely.
    Although not all countries issue new numbers.