Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lewis Page (ed. New contract to 2020)

Comments

• Options

clb74 said:

At best let him play tomorrow leave him out Saturday he then gets two and half weeks rest

Bowyer said that Bielik should be back for Coventry so be good to put him in defence with Sarr out on the left

FFS there's nothing good about Naby Sarr playing left back, he's terrifying at centre half, at left back he makes Lewis Page look competent - for the avoidance of doubt LP is way up the list of hopeless recent(ish) left backs just below Seabourne and Matt Frey (last seen nowhere nearly good enough for Conference South) - a couple of OK performances from LP this season and that wonder goal last season do not begin to outweigh the litany of half-wit half-baked lightweight dross he's served up over the last year or more; to say nothing of his piss poor fitness record.
    We'll have far fewer scares with a back four more like: Dijksteel, Pratley, Pearce, Solly - not to say there won't be plenty of scares from such a makeshift line up
    And I thought I was harsh on Fox.
    You take it to a new level.
  • Options
    I thought you liked Fox
  • Options
    Whose changed the title
    Jinxed him now
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Whose changed the title
    Jinxed him now

• Options
    edited October 2018
    clb74 said:

Whose changed the title
    Jinxed him now

I had to do it or risk being put in moderator time out.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

clb74 said:

Whose changed the title
    Jinxed him now

Good man, Dazzler. You're the best moderator that we have. :smile:

• Options

If this thread doesn't go to show that some fans just cannot exist without having a player to single out for stick, I don't know what does. Lewis Page has been perfectly decent this season, and very good at times. He was guilty of switching off a bit late on vs Sunderland costing us a point, but one goal causing error hardly constitutes a "litany of half-wit half-baked lightweight dross". He's a better crosser than anyone else at the club, and when we play the diamond formation offers nearly all our attacking width with Solly less able to get up and down the pitch like he used to.

I seriously do not know what some people expect of a young player in League 1.

I think It's better if we just slag all our players off as they've all made mistakes this season and none of them are perfect.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

clb74 said:

Whose changed the title
    Jinxed him now

Good man, Dazzler. You're the best moderator that we have. :smile:

Apart from Ibborg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's one yellow card away from suspension in any case.
  • Options

He's one yellow card away from suspension in any case.

Get booked tomorrow, have an 18 day rest until Barnsley at home. Surely we can cope without him against Coventry if it will help him and us long term?
  • Options

If this thread doesn't go to show that some fans just cannot exist without having a player to single out for stick, I don't know what does. Lewis Page has been perfectly decent this season, and very good at times. He was guilty of switching off a bit late on vs Sunderland costing us a point, but one goal causing error hardly constitutes a "litany of half-wit half-baked lightweight dross". He's a better crosser than anyone else at the club, and when we play the diamond formation offers nearly all our attacking width with Solly less able to get up and down the pitch like he used to.

I seriously do not know what some people expect of a young player in League 1.

I feel like that's the general consensus though. I'd say he's looked off the last couple games but we know he's carrying a knock. And I don't think he's been terrible. It's already been mentioned but he covers a tremendous amount of ground on that left hand side and it's to his immense credit.

He's what, 21/22? And there are things to work on in his game. Consistent crossing accuracy. Staying switched on. Back post marking/headers. But he looks a good young player with a big upside and since he came into the team last season after missing a full calendar year he's never looked out of place.
  • Options
    Wasn’t there on Saturday but I think he’s been excellent this season personally, and is consistently being undermarked and under appreciated from the fans
  • Options

Wasn’t there on Saturday but I think he’s been excellent this season personally, and is consistently being undermarked and under appreciated from the fans

‘Some’ fans.
  • Options

Have to agree, Saturday he didn't play that well which is understandable if he's carrying an injury, but overall he's been good this season so far, as haven't really missed Dasilva who was player of year last season.
  • Options

Have to agree, Saturday he didn't play that well which is understandable if he's carrying an injury, but overall he's been good this season so far, as haven't really missed Dasilva who was player of year last season.
    Prefer Page to Dasilva who defensively was found wanting. Dasilva is still not getting a starting place at Bristol City.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Dazzler21 said:

FFS there's nothing good about Naby Sarr playing left back, he's terrifying at centre half, at left back he makes Lewis Page look competent - for the avoidance of doubt LP is way up the list of hopeless recent(ish) left backs just below Seabourne and Matt Frey (last seen nowhere nearly good enough for Conference South) - a couple of OK performances from LP this season and that wonder goal last season do not begin to outweigh the litany of half-wit half-baked lightweight dross he's served up over the last year or more; to say nothing of his piss poor fitness record.
    We'll have far fewer scares with a back four more like: Dijksteel, Pratley, Pearce, Solly - not to say there won't be plenty of scares from such a makeshift line up

3. Lewis Page is better than Jay DaSilva at defending, maybe not as good breaking out of defence or dribbling, but I know which I prefer for a LB win tackles, intercept and block crosses.
    Gonna maybe question this one - JDS was really, really good at tackling, intercepting and blocking crosses! He sometimes struggled in the air and getting caught too high up the pitch, but as a one-on-one defender he was excellent
    Yeah it was only really being caught out of position that JDS sometimes struggled with, and even then he had the pace to rectify it.

That said, you can be a decent to great defender without being quite as good as JDS and a fit Page certainly fits that category for me.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Leuth said:

Dazzler21 said:

3. Lewis Page is better than Jay DaSilva at defending, maybe not as good breaking out of defence or dribbling, but I know which I prefer for a LB win tackles, intercept and block crosses.
    Gonna maybe question this one - JDS was really, really good at tackling, intercepting and blocking crosses! He sometimes struggled in the air and getting caught too high up the pitch, but as a one-on-one defender he was excellent
    Yeah it was only really being caught out of position that JDS sometimes struggled with, and even then he had the pace to rectify it.

That said, you can be a decent to great defender without being quite as good as JDS and a fit Page certainly fits that category for me.
    Yeah you're both probably right there, I only saw him 4/5 times at the game and more on iFollow.
  • Options
    Both Page and JDS can get caught out of position, but so did Morgan Fox.

And I don't think the system we've played in recent helps full backs defensively. The Curbs/Powell 442 with wide midfielders sticking to their side and tracking back gives cover to the full backs, whereas with 4231 and diamond midfields, especially with wide midfielders who "wander" the full back can get outnumbered.
  • Options

I like Page a lot, he's much better defensively than Da Silva and is the kind of player that will really get stuck in for the cause, has a bit of nastiness about him too which we need in this league. I do believe his crossing is extremely poor for a modern day left back though.
  • Options

Croydon said:

I like Page a lot, he's much better defensively than Da Silva and is the kind of player that will really get stuck in for the cause, has a bit of nastiness about him too which we need in this league. I do believe his crossing is extremely poor for a modern day left back though.
    I think he has put some excellent crosses in for this season, hence why he has a few assists.
    His crossing was awful on Saturday but to be fair has been decent in most other games this season
  • Options

Croydon said:

I think he has put some excellent crosses in for this season, hence why he has a few assists.
    he has 2 - one of which was an own goal from a cross where he didn't beat the first man and it was inexplicably sliced into the defenders own net.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

he has 2 - one of which was an own goal from a cross where he didn't beat the first man and it was inexplicably sliced into the defenders own net.
    So a dangerous cross that was difficult to defend? That's not a bad thing.

Page is a decent player for us, he's young enough to keep improving and could step up to the Championship in time.

I like him going forward, especially compared to Fox who was uncomfortable running with the ball.