Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2017

Comments

• Options
    get innnn
  • Options
    Yes lads!

Never in doubt.
  • Options
    Kent win
  • Options

Why are we going back to the pace bowlers for the death, who've all been clouted earlier?

I must slag our bowlers off more often :smiley:
  • Options
    Well we won in the end but can someone please explain to me why, game after game after game, Stevens ends up bowling just one over when the likes of Claydon and Neesham bowl 8 overs for 120 runs???
  • Options
    What a match - going to be helluva game tomorrow
  • Options
    Won despite trying to through it away. Still alive
  • Options

Well we won in the end but can someone please explain to me why, game after game after game, Stevens ends up bowling just one over when the likes of Claydon and Neesham bowl 8 overs for 120 runs???

No idea. I think Claydon is a good death bowler, but rubbish earlier in the innings. Why not open with a spinner?
  • Options
    Going tomorrow, worried about the weather though, with our negative NRR a no result won't be enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I should probably know this, but why is it that in a 9 team league everyone plays 14 games?
  • Options

His legs have gone.
  • Options
    Sounds like a good win for you lot. Looking forward to tomorrow. Could be a position of winner goes through. Or if results go our way it could be we both go through and winner gets a home draw. Either way exciting stuff.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

I should probably know this, but why is it that in a 9 team league everyone plays 14 games?

Would be unfair if some teams played 15
  • Options

Sounds like a good win for you lot. Looking forward to tomorrow. Could be a position of winner goes through. Or if results go our way it could be we both go through and winner gets a home draw. Either way exciting stuff.

A no result would send you through and us out unless every game is washed out, the nightmare scenario for Kent!
  • Options
    WOW !I Listened to the last 5 overs on Radio Kent as still in sunny Dorset.Definitely edge of the seat stuff!Leaving here after lunch tomorrow so hoping to make it home in time to tune in to the match in Canterbury.If any Lifers are going, please give the lads a big shout from Fanny.
  • Options

A no result would send you through and us out unless every game is washed out, the nightmare scenario for Kent!
    #prayforrain
  • Options
    Seriously, why 14 games? It's driving me mad.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Seriously, why 14 games? It's driving me mad.

Because they do the same in the Big Bash and we always follow what the Aussies do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So, good result for MrOneLung.

Kent won and Jamie only went for 14 runs....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

So, good result for MrOneLung.

Kent won and Jamie only went for 14 runs....

"Lies, damn lies and statistics" springs to mind.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Because the ECB sit down and allocate dates for games and then think about the number of games. The County Championship Div 2 has the same problem. For T20, you do think they could have slotted in two more games to make it fair and square.
  • Options

Uboat said:

Because the ECB sit down and allocate dates for games and then think about the number of games. The County Championship Div 2 has the same problem. For T20, you do think they could have slotted in two more games to make it fair and square.
    Yes, it's a bit bizarre, it's not like CC games where fitting in two 4 day games would be tricky...
  • Options
    Great result, couldn't believe we won after the start they made. Excellent by Hagget, who even bettered Amir's figures and I thought that was going to be the difference between the teams. Also good spell at the end by Claydon. Northeast also should get some credit for his "don't panic" approach and uses his bowlers well.
    Didn't realise the Denley/DBD was a world record. fantastic
  • Options
    Glad this game is at Canterbury as weather forecast there much better for the evening than in London. It would be a real shame if it was the weather that knocked us out now.
    online tickets at reduced price (£25) still available online at the moment. Normally pulled night before the game.
    Just booked mine (my bargain 6 pack already fully used) ; hope it doesn't overun due to weather or otherwise. I have to get the 10:35 train or will be sleeping the streets. Come on Kent.
  • Options
    Perhaps someone in the know can tell me but it seems to me that all our wins have been away. Been rubbish at home.
  • Options
    Looking at the fixtures, I think we have to win. Sussex v Essex means one of them will get past us of we lose, even if there isn't a result in their game.
  • Options
    We now know the reason why Stevens is only bowling one over in a game - he has a heal injury which needs to be "managed". That isn't good news given the lack of depth of bowling in our ranks especially in the CC.
  • Options
    If you can bowl one over surely you can bowl 4 even if spread out over the innings.