Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liquidated

2»

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

Charlton played there in the 80s

Proper Charlton fans went to this Tuesday night game.

Held here because of the Valley Parade fire.

Indeed. Unfortunately Tom Morris didn't (although he is definitely a proper Charlton fan) so there are no pictures. I've tried to find some in the past. Just too early for video too.

My recollection is of being a long way from the pitch.
    Won't Bradford themselves have any?
  • Options

Addickted said:

Indeed. Unfortunately Tom Morris didn't (although he is definitely a proper Charlton fan) so there are no pictures. I've tried to find some in the past. Just too early for video too.

My recollection is of being a long way from the pitch.
    I also was at that game,Nicky Johns saved a penalty,the pitch was surrounded by a speedway track.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

It was. It was also a bit exposed being in a bowl type arena.

I'll try and dig out the programme so I can donate it to the museum

Very generous of you, thanks.
  • Options
    After us they played Huddersfield then later Fulham at 'home'. They played at several different grounds that season. Might be pictures in those programmes.
    Here's the team list that night:
    http://www.11v11.com/matches/bradford-city-v-charlton-athletic-19-march-1986-122029/

And details of subsequent fixtures;
    http://stats.football.co.uk/results_fixtures/1985_1986/bradford_city/index.shtml
  • Options

Addickted said:

I was there, seem to remember it was massive but only had 3 sides.
    @DaveMehmet you're correct, one end had been grassed over with a road and sheds / offices half way up.
  • Options
    Very sad. Used to drink with some of the Bulls players in the late 90s when I lived in Leeds :(
  • Options
    Mr O & I are huge league fans.
    I'm a St Helens fan & yes he's a Bulls fan. It's astonishing how quickly they have fallen. The RFL do own Odsel & I've never been very comfortable about it especially now that the Bulls have gone into liquidation again.
    I do hope they are rescued but I hope not to the detriment of other clubs.
    London Broncos are on the up again, did well last season & have recruited well over the close so I watch with interest.
    Roll on February!!!!