Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carlos Tevez worlds highest paid player

Tevez has today signed for Shanghai Shenhua and will pick up a reported £615k a week!!

That's almost 88k every day! And is over 200k a week more than the next best paid player.

Absolutely ridiculous wages.

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Is it tax free though
  • And I see a lady on tv today with the c word begging for 90grand to live.all of them paid far to much.
  • Didn't he make a big deal about leaving the premiership because it's money obsessed?

• Couldn't happen to a nicer fel- Oh, no, hold on...
  • It's everything that's wrong with the world.
  • Chinese football is fucking mental
  • sam3110 said:

Chinese football is fucking mental

sure is, Oscar, not the statuette, the ex Chelsea midfielder has been sold to a Chinese club for £60,000,000 ..
    but then, the Chinese economy and industrial/manufacturing sector is based onconditions that are little better than slavery ... peasants forced from the land into factories and 'accommodation' (i.e barracks) where they live lives little better than battery hens and all the huge profits go to often corrupt billionaires, 'communist party' oligarchs and red army generals who can seemingly buy whatever they want
  • edited December 2016
    This is the bloke who went back to Boca and said he would never leave them.

*not that I blame him.
  • sam3110 said:

Chinese football is chicken oriental

• Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Chinese football is fucking mental

sure is, Oscar, not the statuette, the ex Chelsea midfielder has been sold to a Chinese club for £60,000,000 ..
    but then, the Chinese economy and industrial/manufacturing sector is based onconditions that are little better than slavery ... peasants forced from the land into factories and 'accommodation' (i.e barracks) where they live lives little better than battery hens and all the huge profits go to often corrupt billionaires, 'communist party' oligarchs and red army generals who can seemingly buy whatever they want
    Not all of Chinese commerce is like that

At the moment, the President (no not Roland!) likes football, so savvy businessmen are pumping money into football to keep in with the leadership, both at home and abroad.
  • Apparently Real received a bid of €300m for Ronaldo and have offered him €100m a year.
  • This is probably a naive question but how the hell do these Chinese clubs have so much money?
  • Well China has a lot of super rich nowadays, the president there has said he wants to make China a power in world football. When you have a lot of rich people bored and looking to throw money at something you get this situation.
  • Fair enough.
  • JaShea99 said:

This is probably a naive question but how the hell do these Chinese clubs have so much money?

(Reportedly) subsidised by the state. Not sure of the how and why in detail though.
  • Don't blame him to be honest. He's probably got one year of playing left, two at most and who wouldn't take a 600k a week job in those circumstances. Believe me, I think it's wrong and terrible that football is in this situation, but I understand his reasons.
  • Through a mate I got told about an Aussie guy who played pro in China in the last couple of years and we discussed the money they paid over there.

He mentioned that the club in China promsed the player TEN TIMES what he was earning playing in the A-League so he leapt at it.

Of course, once the player got there he realised that (along with the other westerners) once you are in China then the rules change, they really don't give a fuck about contracts etc as they know a westerner in China has no legal rights at all.

He ended up earning a few quid - but nothing like what he had been promised - but only stayed half his contract as he got offered a better deal elsewhere and they let him go.

The bottom line is simple, if any of these guys don't perform then they won't get paid the mega bucks promised.
  • JaShea99 said:

This is probably a naive question but how the hell do these Chinese clubs have so much money?

Owned by big business who can afford to spend some of their profits this way
  • Sponsored links:

• Most of us would not get out of bed for that would we.
    A person who is on an average salary would have to work 25/30 years for that.
    No more shopping in Primark for him. Good grief.
  • Isn't this how we used to view Italy in the 80's and how the world viewed the Premier League from '92 onwards - paying over the odds in transfer fees and wages to get the players to come here.
  • So he will get about £222,000 per year just for time on the khazi.*

*Assuming 10 minutes a day.
  • edited December 2016
    colthe3rd said:

Apparently Real received a bid of €300m for Ronaldo and have offered him €100m a year.

Very much doubt they're willing to pay €1,923,076.92 per week.
  • Dazzler21 said:

colthe3rd said:

Apparently Real received a bid of €300m for Ronaldo and have offered him €100m a year.

Very much doubt they're willing to pay £1,923,076.92 per week.
    Well his agent confirmed it. Tbh it wouldn't surprise me seeing what some of the other players are making there.
  • That's about 1.65m a week, but they probably would pay it.

Absolutely no chance of Ronaldo going though, his agent has said he won't leave Madrid.
  • colthe3rd said:

Dazzler21 said:

colthe3rd said:

Well his agent confirmed it. Tbh it wouldn't surprise me seeing what some of the other players are making there.
    Yeah his Agent confirmed it... They don't inflate figures at all.
  • Dazzler21 said:

colthe3rd said:

Dazzler21 said:

colthe3rd said:

Yeah his Agent confirmed it... They don't inflate figures at all.
    Okay they actually offered £5 an hour and a pack of maltesers. Happy?
  • Nice wages.