Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton | New Years Eve | 1pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Wind from the sea will blow
    CAFC midfield will be slow
    Concede two more goals from set pieces.
    Karl Robinson's face now has creases.
    We are a bang average League one side
    Who will be washed away with the tide.
    Despite that we are Charlton till we Die
    Lookman sold;... Oh Katrien another Lie !

• Options

Wind from the sea will blow
    CAFC midfield will be slow
    Concede two more goals from set pieces.
    Karl Robinson's face now has creases.
    We are a bang average League one side
    Who will be washed away with the tide.
    Despite that we are Charlton till we Die
    Lookman sold;... Oh Katrien another Lie !

Superb
  • Options
    Right you happy lot for those interested you can still get 11/2 us to finish top 6 and 20/1 for promotion just had a few more quid on these prices myself.
    Southend 1 Charlton 2
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Right you happy lot for those interested you can still get 11/2 us to finish top 6 and 20/1 for promotion just had a few more quid on these prices myself.
    Southend 1 Charlton 2

You got frostbite on you're legs yet: )
  • Options
    Not setting off till tomorrow 9am Blackpool
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Southend 1 Charlton 2

Whatever he's on I'll have the same!!

Seriously, I hope your right as I 'm going, but draw at best for me. COYR
  • Options
    Think the statement from the club is bloody ridiculous regarding lookman having an illness. Absolute bs! It's not like that that really push me over the edge with this lot
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Southend 1 Charlton 2

we were 20/1 (to win the League) before the season started .. like a drunken sailor on shore leave I had a tenner on it .. cash out value is about 40p a t m ..
  • Options
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Neve...
    Fuck! lumped my usual fiver on a win...
  • Options

Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Neve...

You are doing this all wrong I think. Always bet on us to lose.

If we win you are happy if we lose you get pissed and are happy. Always a winner!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can your liver take it though?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Neve...

If we win you are happy if we lose you get pissed and are happy. Always a winner!
    Even when I've seen an absolute hiding coming (away to Man U in the FA Cup, for instance), I've never been able to bring myself to bet against The Addicks.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Never bet on Charlton
    Neve...

Even when I've seen an absolute hiding coming (away to Man U in the FA Cup, for instance), I've never been able to bring myself to bet against The Addicks.
    I know how you feel, it is like suggesting that this is the outcome you are wishing for, and if it works out, maybe it's part your fault?

It isn't. Bet against and I hope you are sober until the end of the season!
  • Options
    Back to the game, if Fox and Lookie don't play, should we go with 3 at the back and pack midfield?

Chicksen LMF and Konsa RMF. Crofts, Fred and JJ central.

Personally I think it is the only option that gives a chance of a point.
  • Options
    JJ is not fit.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Stig said:

VERY foggy in Essex this morning. is it the same in London and Kent ? .. I REALLY hope that the game is not in danger of being postponed albeit in 24 hours time

I'm in Wakering; a few miles out from Southend and always foggier. There's been a fair bit of mist in the last few days, nothing bad enough to stop a match though.
    I'm upriver in Thurrock .. hotel room overlooks the lake .. 11.50 and I still can't see the opposite bank about 100 yards (sorry, metres) away ... forecast for Southend tomorrow though is 8 degrees and cloudy
    If you dash back to your hotel after the match, you'll be able to look out the window and see Great Wakering Rovers take on Thurrock - well, the second half anyway.
    I'd have a lie in, the other game sounds more appealing.
  • Options

Stig said:

Stig said:

VERY foggy in Essex this morning. is it the same in London and Kent ? .. I REALLY hope that the game is not in danger of being postponed albeit in 24 hours time

I'm in Wakering; a few miles out from Southend and always foggier. There's been a fair bit of mist in the last few days, nothing bad enough to stop a match though.
    I'm upriver in Thurrock .. hotel room overlooks the lake .. 11.50 and I still can't see the opposite bank about 100 yards (sorry, metres) away ... forecast for Southend tomorrow though is 8 degrees and cloudy
    If you dash back to your hotel after the match, you'll be able to look out the window and see Great Wakering Rovers take on Thurrock - well, the second half anyway.
    booking out in the morning so I'll miss the Waker/Thur classico ..AND while we are at it ..how far is Roots Hall from Southend Victoria ? .. thinking of taking the train from Chafford 100 and changing at S'end Central .. Prittlewell is the stop after Victoria ... If you get my drift
    Prittlewell amigo, 5 minutes walk.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Not setting off till tomorrow 9am Blackpool

Trust or club coach?
  • Options

Stig said:

Stig said:

booking out in the morning so I'll miss the Waker/Thur classico ..AND while we are at it ..how far is Roots Hall from Southend Victoria ? .. thinking of taking the train from Chafford 100 and changing at S'end Central .. Prittlewell is the stop after Victoria ... If you get my drift
    Elfs do you know anyone who can recommend a nice boozer
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Stig said:

Stig said:

Rosie is your man, I'm trying to sort out the boozer for Bolton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

clb74 said:

Stig said:

Stig said:

Rosie is your man, I'm trying to sort out the boozer for Bolton.
    Thank f@ck I'm not going to Bolton then
  • Options
    So, where we all meeting for the post match dance?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Back to the game, if Fox and Lookie don't play, should we go with 3 at the back and pack midfield?

Chicksen LMF and Konsa RMF. Crofts, Fred and JJ central.

Personally I think it is the only option that gives a chance of a point.

I'd like to take you back twelve years, to 2004.

Here you are. It's 2004. Charlton are flying high in the league, Curbs is king, all's well in the world.

"OK. Twelve years from now, you will say in all sincerity that our only chance of drawing with Southend will be to play an 18-year-old centre back on the wing."

Do you abandon Charlton there and then, as you probably ought?
  • Options
    Let just get this straight..
    No Rudd, Solly, Pearce, Lennon, Kashi, Jackson, Holmes, Lookman, Ajose, Novak and potentially Fox?

11 players, a full team and one many people would be happy to have starting if ever possible.

Expecting something like:
    Phillips
    Konsa Bauer Tex Chicksen
    Foley Ulvestad Crofts Aribo Botaka
    Magennis

Can't see anything other than a 2-0 defeat, at best, and will be very surprised if we even get 2 shots on target.
  • Options

Stig said:

Stig said:

Don't bother getting on the train at Southend Victoria. Keep walking up the road 10 mins and you're at the ground
  • Options
    Phillips
    Konsa...Bauer...Tex...Fox
    ......Freddie....Crofts....Aribo
    Botaka.....Magennis....Chicksen

Bench: Mitov, Johnson, Foley, RCC, KAG, Hanlan, Umerah

Two games in three days and our team looks very, very thin. Could be two players starting tomorrow who haven't started a league game this season.

I think Fox plays. Rate him or hate him he's a good professional and I think he'll give everything until he's left. Also, it doesn't sound like that deal is as close as Lookman's.
  • Options
    Can Watt play today ;)

• Options
    Draw looks like the most we can realistically hope for 1-1
  • Options
    Anyone thing of coming on the Southend Victoria line, there are no trains between Chadwell Heath and Shenfield. Replacement buses instead.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

JJ is not fit.

Doesn't normally stop him...