Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Yaya Toure: Man City player accepts drink-driving charge

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38299308

Yeah righto Yaya:

Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has pleaded guilty to drink-driving, but says he had not "intentionally consumed alcohol".

The Ivory Coast player, 33, accepts he was "above the permitted limit", and did not challenge the charge.

He was fined £54,000 - a means-tested fine - and banned from driving for 18 months by Barkingside magistrates.

"It is well known that I am a Muslim and do not drink, said Toure. "I have always refused alcohol."

Toure was driving in Dagenham in east London at the time of the offence last month.

He pleaded guilty to the charge on Monday, but did not say in his Facebook statement how the alcohol got into his system.

In his statement Toure added: "Drink-driving is a serious crime and even though I was not intentionally consuming alcohol I accept the ban and fine and I would like to apologise for this situation."

The Ivory Coast international was recalled to the Manchester City squad earlier this month after apologising for "misunderstandings" relating to comments made by his agent Dimitri Seluk

Comments

• must of downed his davidoff cool water
  • Over did it on the steak and ale pies maybe.
  • Heard he was a wine gum addict...regularly consuming excess quantities...
  • edited December 2016
    I amazed he managed to drive through Dagenham without having his car nicked.
  • t-total my arse, the lying prick was over twice the limit!
  • Someone should have warned him not to swallow the mouth wash but to spit it out.
  • If someone genuinely never drunk alcohol, then surely they would notice the tiniest amount in their drink, and would be noticeably pissed well before reaching the legal limit...

How would they know what it tasted like?
  • Sponsored links:

• Have Maynards increased the alcohol content in their wine gums?
  • Fiiish said:

If someone genuinely never drunk alcohol, then surely they would notice the tiniest amount in their drink, and would be noticeably pissed well before reaching the legal limit...

More the mouth feel, smell etc

To get to twice the limit, he must have been drinking something fairly strong
  • Fiiish said:

If someone genuinely never drunk alcohol, then surely they would notice the tiniest amount in their drink, and would be noticeably pissed well before reaching the legal limit...

Twice the limit is approx. 3.5 - 4 pints. Even someone who drank regularly would feel the effect of that amount.
  • That new Muslim non-alcoholic lager must be lethal.
  • Fiiish said:

Twice the limit is approx. 3.5 - 4 pints. Even someone who drank regularly would feel the effect of that amount.
    Roger Johnson would barely notice :smiley:
  • Well - we can definitely rule out the rum / brandy in his Birthday cake.
  • Fiiish said:

I hope you're talking about pints of Gin.
  • He didn't know he was getting pissed and his brother didn't realise he was fitting into his wifes jeans when taking her pills
  • Apparently he was swigging from a jug which he thought contained coke, whereas it actually contained brandy and coke. You'd think he might have at one point said "this coke tastes a bit off"!
  • A guy his size with his sportsmans metabolic rate, even if he had never had alcohol before, would have had to drink about five double brandys to give a twice the legal limit on a breatherlyser at a Police station at about an hour after he had his last drink.

If it was mixed with coke and he didn't realise alcohol was in it, I reckon he must have drunk a six gallon jugs worth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yaya Toure and his agent really are one of the biggest idiotic double acts going round, firstly there was the birthday cake episode at City, then the severely ill advised taking on of Pep Guardiola (only one winner there) and now feigning the old 'my drink was spiked trick'.

Possibly the worst managed footballer since Balotelli at his finest.
  • Yaya Toure and his agent really are one of the biggest idiotic double acts going round, firstly there was the birthday cake episode at City, then the severely ill advised taking on of Pep Guardiola (only one winner there) and now feigning the old 'my drink was spiked trick'.

The difference is that Yaya still manages to produce the goods on the pitch on a consistent basis.

The difference is that Yaya still manages to produce the goods on the pitch on a consistent basis.
    Mario has only played 7 times this season for Nice, but scored 6 goals and they are top of the league
  • sam3110 said:

Yaya Toure and his agent really are one of the biggest idiotic double acts going round, firstly there was the birthday cake episode at City, then the severely ill advised taking on of Pep Guardiola (only one winner there) and now feigning the old 'my drink was spiked trick'.

Mario has only played 7 times this season for Nice, but scored 6 goals and they are top of the league
    Fraid I've a very low opinion of the French Leagues though...
  • sam3110 said:

Yaya Toure and his agent really are one of the biggest idiotic double acts going round, firstly there was the birthday cake episode at City, then the severely ill advised taking on of Pep Guardiola (only one winner there) and now feigning the old 'my drink was spiked trick'.

All against Thuram.