Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Vaughan RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    93 is a good innings - a life to be celebrated more than mourned maybe.
    RIP
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

bobmunro said:

Those old enough to remember will recall him playing the patriarch character Billy in the very good series 'Fox' along with a very young Ray Winstone.

Top class character actor - RIP.

Larry Lamb was also in 'Fox.'

RIP Peter Vaughan
    Was Tom Bell in this as well?

Perhaps my memory's not that good but I thought he played a hard man. I remember a line he used when he put the frighteners on people 'I can hear you arse-hole tightening up from here'.

• Options

LenGlover said:

bobmunro said:

Those old enough to remember will recall him playing the patriarch character Billy in the very good series 'Fox' along with a very young Ray Winstone.

RIP Peter Vaughan

Perhaps my memory's not that good but I thought he played a hard man. I remember a line he used when he put the frighteners on people 'I can hear you arse-hole tightening up from here'.

Bernard Hill was in it, don't recall Tom Bell.

This is a good clip - shows the main characters (Larry Lamb looks so young!). Winstone was a very good amateur boxer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlF67ro9j6s
  • Options
    Loved him in Our friends in the North. Great series
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

LenGlover said:

bobmunro said:

RIP Peter Vaughan

Bernard Hill was in it, don't recall Tom Bell.

This is a good clip - shows the main characters (Larry Lamb looks so young!). Winstone was a very good amateur boxer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlF67ro9j6s
    The series I was thinking of was 'Out' featuring Tom Bell having just finished doing eight years and seeking revenge.

Yes, the memory is going!
  • Options
    And now his watch has ended... RIP
  • Options
    RIP Peter Vaughan, another great actor sadly passed
  • Options
    Peter Vaughan was perfect in his role in the BBC film "A Warning to the Curious" by M R James. Compelling viewing. A great actor. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A brilliant actor, many could learn from his ability to play understated menace (I always thought he'd be a classy Bond villain).
  • Options

LenGlover said:

bobmunro said:

RIP Peter Vaughan

Tom Bell was in 'Out'
  • Options
    RIP Billy Fox
  • Options

Peter Vaughan was perfect in his role in the BBC film "A Warning to the Curious" by M R James. Compelling viewing. A great actor. RIP

That's immediately what came to mind when hearing of his passing. Great actor. That was a great short film too.
  • Options
    RIP Grouty
  • Options
    edited December 2016