Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another company defies common sense and gets into bed with the regime

A letter to Duncan at Charlton's new leasing partner 'Rivervale'

Duncan

I am a Charlton Athletic supporter of some 23 years addicktion. Until today I was not familiar with the Rivervale brand.
I would assume that your company's choice to "...agree an official partnership package..." with Charlton Athletic is one intended to enhance and publicise said brand.
I am more than puzzled as to why any business seeking to improve its standing locally or nationally would at this time publicly associate with Charlton. Over the last couple of years the ownership and management at Charlton have relentlessly damaged the standing and credibility of the football club. When challenged on its stewardship, the regime has revealed itself to have none of the qualities recognised as useful in running a business of any kind.

Are you familiar with this http://www.gettingtoknowthenetwork.com/ ??

Or with groups such as this http://ourcharlton.org.uk/ ??

Are you aware that print and radio media, here and in Belgium, have run numerous articles on the situation? It is fair to say that none of the coverage has been about what a high quality brand and business Charlton represents or that the directors and company owners are worthy of reverence.

The core attendance at Charlton has diminished by at least half over this period so Rivervale's brand may not be being exposed to a much bigger audience than before. You can safely assume though that for the vast majority of that new audience yours is now a brand they will actively avoid. Choosing an association with today's regime at Charlton Athletic is choosing a part in a toxic pantomime, where nobody is laughing at the pratfalls and all the jokes are on the cast.

Hopefully your business will survive the experience less damaged than Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Yours sincerely

(a charlton athletic "customer")

Comments

• Can I have Duncan's email address so that I can let my feelings known??
  • Did you read the article where it states they have leased cars to CAFC since 2001? It's not a new partnership. There's also already a thread on this
  • sam3110 said:

Did you read the article where it states they have leased cars to CAFC since 2001? It's not a new partnership. There's also already a thread on this

I am not so sure about the comment "since 2001". The guy that we used to lease our cars off used to supply CAFC and that was way after 2001 and he was not part of Rivervale.

I remember a story he told me that he was on his way to The Valley to take back Mark Fish's car as the monthly installments had not been paid.