Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kenny Jackett Resigns at Rotherham

Comments

• Options
    Off to MKD? Or back to Wolves? :D
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    MK Dons have asked permission to talk to the Hearts manager.
  • Options
    Jackett offered his resignation after this morning's board meeting, in which the club's January transfer budget was discussed

Wonder if this is a big reason for the relegation, i.e. lack of funds after he was promised them after taking over
  • Options
    He would have been great but I'm more excited to have KR.
  • Options

Jackett offered his resignation after this morning's board meeting, in which the club's January transfer budget was discussed

Wonder if this is a big reason for the relegation, i.e. lack of funds after he was promised them after taking over

Brexit.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

MK Dons have asked permission to talk to the Hearts manager.

Sounds a big possibility at the moment, if he does go makes you wonder what will happen to Watt after that Hearts article about him in the Guardian!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jackett took the job when he was told he'd be working in New York...
    They are now looking for their sixth new manager since the start of the 2015-16 season.
    Now there's a target for RD and KM to beat...
  • Options
    They will be looking for a 6th manager since October 2015 I think
  • Options
    We can only dream of that many managers!
  • Options
    Are you watching Daisy? That is how easy it is to leave.

Go on, you know you want to.
  • Options
    Jackett obviously lacks the stomach for a tough job, he surely knew how bad it would be before he signed on .. Millers fans should be saying good riddance .. Stubbs was sacked too soon .. Rotherham has a double negative whammy, few decent players and no money
  • Options
    I think he probably realised he couldn't do what he wanted to do with the players he had and the budget. Fair enough I would say.
  • Options

Jackett obviously lacks the stomach for a tough job, he surely knew how bad it would be before he signed on .. Millers fans should be saying good riddance .. Stubbs was sacked too soon .. Rotherham has a double negative whammy, few decent players and no money

I doubt if Jackett "lacks the stomach for a tough job".
    The position of manager is a tough job at any club and Jackett already has had many years experience of managing clubs.

Note he didn't resign at the end of the previous match.
    IMO it appears that he feels he's not been supported by his Board and that his position is unworkable.

• Options
    I understand he was told he'd have a budget to spend in the January window when he signed up for the job and now he's been told he can only do deals without spending.
  • Options
    He won't be out of work very long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish we could have got him.
  • Options
    jackett wouldnt go anywhere near us, i dont blame him but he wants to be in charge of transfers and have budgets etc which any self respecting manager would, karl robinson says hes spoken with the belgians and they have outlined that he will have control... so lets see.
  • Options
    11 points below second bottom, they look an absolute shambles. How the hell did Colin keep them up?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Wish we could have got him.

We still can!
  • Options

11 points below second bottom, they look an absolute shambles. How the hell did Colin keep them up?

Northern monkeys respond well to a northern monkey.
  • Options
    I thought it strange their manager left after just gaining promotion.
  • Options
    Teddy Sherringham rumoured to be appointed as Swindon manager.
  • Options

I thought it strange their manager left after just gaining promotion.

Perhaps concerned about career prospects after the change of owner. Didn't he go to a club that probably has money.