Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bangers, Mash and beans!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    RIP me old duck.....RIP.
  • Options
    Condolences @Redmidland. RIP your mum.
  • Options
    Threads like this put things in perspective. Hope we get a win on Saturday for your mum watching from her new seat.
  • Options
    Losing your mum is a massive gap in your life. Condolences , RIP
  • Options
    My nan used to do me faggots, chips and peas , that was me and my uncles
    pre match ritual.
    Lovely memories, both long gone now, rip to your mum.
  • Options
    What a lovely memory Red. It's these things that stay with you as the years go by.

All the best.
  • Options
    Lovely story Malc. Losing your mum is a watershed in any man's life, & is something many of us never quite get over. Don't forget to submit her name for the match when we remember those fans who have died over the past 12 months. Thinking of you mate.
  • Options

Thank you all for your comments. I'll be back with the Match Thread next Saturday, I may just have bangers, mash and beans for lunch before the thread starts.

What time do you want us round then RM?
  • Options
    Sincere condolences Redmidland. My Mum is currently in hospital after suffering a stroke a few weeks ago. Your story is very similar to my family experiences when I was young but my Dad had a Cortina and Zephyr. Dad passed 6 years ago and now watches the Addicks from the memorial garden at the Valley. Thanks for sharing your memories, RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sausages sticking out of the mash - brilliant! That's just how they draw it in The Beano.
    Thank for sharing, RM.

Mine also died in June of the same horrible thing, so I add my best wishes to your family at this difficult time, and wish you all strength.
  • Options
    So sad rip my wife is suffering from the same terrible disease
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Sincerest condolences RM - a beautiful story of matchdays past that will find an echo in many a Lifer's memory.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that lovely, touching memory Red.
    She sounds like she was a great,caring mum.
    That's definitely a tradition you should keep going.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

RIP to your Mum, Redmidland

Wow that brings back Happy memories, but a bit posher than my mum did with the little pile of beans at the top!!! Thanks @Chizz for posting the picture.
  • Options

Chizz said:

RIP to your Mum, Redmidland

Wow that brings back Happy memories, but a bit posher than my mum did with the little pile of beans at the top!!! Thanks @Chizz for posting the picture.
    I've only just had breakfast, but I could tuck into that right away.

• Options
    A lovely story, of course bittersweet at a time like this. Thoughts go out to you & your family RM. My Mum has the same dementia combo as yours, and it's not easy to watch on. Priceless memories like these can only help.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

Maybe continue the tradition by cooking bangers mash and beans before each match.
  • Options
    You only have one mum, always think of the good times.

My thoughts are with you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely tribute.

RIP @Redmidland 's Mum.
  • Options
    Commiserations again to the family from your CL family.