Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Smoke bombs

Comments

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Same for both the Charlton and Sheffield United smoke bombs/flares.

It's illegal. End of.

You can't cherry pick what laws you want/don't want to live by...

75% of brits are micro criminals. Whether its speeding, not paying for a plastic bag on self checkout, throwing things on the valley pitch in protest. I'm proud of you for being part of the 25%.
    And good luck if that's your defence if you ever get done for speeding...
  • Options
    Redskin said:

I'd we're going to do smoke bombs can we at least do them properly?

They're a fiver each, and aren't that dangerous.

The Covered End lit up in red smoke would actually look pretty good (cough cough)

Plus the collective tutting from the West Stand would be defeaning.
    I sit in the Upper West next to the Covered End. There are old boys in there that were going to Charlton before you people were born.
    They don't tut,they just sit there watching their team regardless of what is going on around them.

I rattle my flask and click my falsies.... teeth that is
  • Options
    Smoke bombs are potentially dangerous. They add nothing to a sporting event and if you find them 'exciting' you need to get out more. The fact they seem to be 'ok' in Italy or wherever is totally irrelevant. Not part of our culture and shouldn't be.
  • Options

Smoke bombs are potentially dangerous. They add nothing to a sporting event and if you find them 'exciting' you need to get out more. The fact they seem to be 'ok' in Italy or wherever is totally irrelevant. Not part of our culture and shouldn't be.

Sorry grandad.
  • Options
    The fact they seem to be 'ok' in Italy or wherever is totally irrelevant. Not part of our culture and shouldn't be.

Stripey Nigels take note please
  • Options
    Using a phone is illegal too. People do it all the time. Then a lorry driver, messing with a phone, plows into a family saloon and wipes out an entire family. Then there are screams of moral outrage.

Is it only against the law when someone gets killed, or seriously injured?

Don't do the crime, NO-ONE gets hurt. Which includes the perpetrator who may end up serving a prison sentence.
  • Options
    Sorry should have said, in a moving vehicle...

However the volume some people talk on their mobiles may be responsible for a rise in deafness in the population...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the fact they were thrown from the upper tier and only just made it that pisses me off.

The actual smoke bombs don't bother me, but they only just made it to the pitch - it was pretty irresponsible.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Getting a bit boring this subject now, Although some on here now seem to think pyros are okay but then they were deadly 2 seasons back.

Yep and a few years ago there was a degree of outrage about the yellow mankini lad who invaded the pitch. People were worried that Mick Everitt could lose his job over a repeat. Times change I guess....
    I think he'd still lose his job if he ran on in a mankini again...
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Holmesdale Fanatics:
    "Look how pathetic they are, trying to be European ultras. It's so sad. Lol."

Flares at the Valley:
    "It's great and adds to the atmosphere, they do it all the time in Europe."

Never seen a flare in the Charlton end at The Valley.

Smoke bombs are not flares and are nowhere near as dangerous!
  • Options
    Fuck me the pedants are out in force in this thread.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Getting a bit boring this subject now, Although some on here now seem to think pyros are okay but then they were deadly 2 seasons back.

Yep and a few years ago there was a degree of outrage about the yellow mankini lad who invaded the pitch. People were worried that Mick Everitt could lose his job over a repeat. Times change I guess....
    it just seems that when they were used at palace a few years back it was the behavior " we expect down the road at the den" etc, if used for a protest or to that effect its nothing, i don't see the issue with them there is always some sort of outrage on here over a bit of boisterous behavior at a home/away game.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Because people including yourself confuse them. Don't get angry, just get it right if you're going to try and be funny.
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:

colthe3rd said:

Because people including yourself confuse them. Don't get angry, just get it right if you're going to try and be funny.
    Wasn't trying to be funny, I was stating an observation I had noticed in the general response of people in regards to the two things. Now I'll admit I used flare instead of smoke bomb. But thanks for pointing this mistake out to me, I'll make sure that I get all future posts proof read by my PA.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That cant have been this season... Koln dont play Bayern Munich until March

Either way what the hell happened for that to go up in smoke like that!!
  • Options

That cant have been this season... Koln dont play Bayern Munich until March

Either way what the hell happened for that to go up in smoke like that!!

Was last season I think. Koln needed to avoid defeat be avoid relegation. They lost.
  • Options
    I don't condone these smoke bombs, I am all for the protests but the smoke bombs can be dangerous. Someone said in this thread about asthma and breathing difficulties and just got lol'd, it is a reality though COPD attacks can be triggered off so easily too by something like this, someone else said it could have hit a child, they also got lol'd but it could have them it would be far from funny.

Remember the regime are the enemy here not other spectators and fans they shouldn't be put at risk, ever.
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Bloody hell, sue left her vol au vents in the oven a bit too long!
  • Options
    How many of you stand near the drummer? I used to, and he got right up my nose some days but I bet it sounded great from afar

That's how I feel about smoke grenades, not flares though. I love the smell of them

• Options
    milo said:

Agree that they look good but if one hit my 7 year old son when thrown from the Upper North I would be pressing charges if possible.

For god's sake don't throw your 7 year old son from the north upper, go to the north west quadrant or family stand walk closer to the pitch and throw him from there.

To be fair even I found that quite amusing!

I just can't understand why just for a bit of fun (seems like many are keen, even if we were not protesting) you want to do something that may potentially may hurt someone else. I guess some of you don't mind taking that risk though.

• Options

Xenophobic
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Katrien: They still want you to sell up, are you going to?
    Roland: No way, never, you know I don't do failure.
    Katrien: Right ok. Now someone's thrown a smoke bomb onto the pitch.
    Roland: What? Ok ok, fair enough, I know when I'm not wanted, time to sell up.

Could say the same with pigs and taxis really dont get the point of this post, whats the difference