Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karl Robinson (Ed. Page 79 - GONE- Mutual Consent)

Comments

• Options
    uie2 said:

Looking at the possession stats, I can't believe that Oxford dominated the game so much, as well as completely outplaying the opposition, and didn't come away with the win. They just didn't finish their chances.

Well that sounds similar!
    Is there something you'd like to share with the group?
  • Options
    Phase One one the KR Experience, getting clean-sheeted, has now happened.

Phase Two, losing on a goal in extra time.... I expect that in their next match.

Then Oxford will see the reality of their situation.
  • Options

Possession means nothing.
    Under Robinson we regularly got 60%plus possession and never won.

Yesterday under Bowyer we had under 50%Possession and won the game comfortably.

The possession stat means absolutely nothing it's what you do when you have possession that matters

How sharp you are in both boxes is the only stat that matters.
    Man City are the exception to the possession rule as they dominate the ball and out score the opposition.
  • Options

The possession stat means absolutely nothing it's what you do when you have possession that matters

Man City are the exception to the possession rule as they dominate the ball and out score the opposition.
    There is a purpose to City's possession. That's the difference.
  • Options

There is a purpose to City's possession. That's the difference.
    The purpose of City's possession is they don't give the ball back after 30 passes and they know they will create at least 10 chances in a game.
  • Options
    He got a "C" for tactics against Pompey in the Sun today.
    Things are looking up.
  • Options

Barnestonworth
  • Options
    My view on the FSG's management and tactical adequacy have been hinted at once or twice but he's dead right about Nathan Thompson's conduct and the farcically bad refereeing perpetrated by Charles Breakspear. NT should get plenty from the away end at Fratton next month he's a prick, I'll bet he's a stroppy princess and will bleat about it too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My view on the FSG's management and tactical adequacy have been hinted at once or twice but he's dead right about Nathan Thompson's conduct and the farcically bad refereeing perpetrated by Charles Breakspear. NT should get plenty from the away end at Fratton next month he's a prick, I'll bet he's a stroppy princess and will bleat about it too.

Thompson is the guy we tried to sign.
  • Options
    Losing to Scunthorpe

Very poor Goalkeeping error to gift that to Scunny
  • Options
    Oxford look pony
  • Options

Can already hear discontent from the Oxford fans.

Last few minutes has seen the Oxford centre backs passing between themselves before one of the holding midfielders decided to drop back and join in

Oh so familiar

..Then the centre back lumps it out of play. Passing the ball to death ! Don't miss Karls tactics at all.
  • Options
    Wonder if Robinson will recognise the nailed on pen that the ref just missed for Scunny
  • Options
    Shame this is Oxford playing Scunthorpe as really want the latter to be doing no better than a draw.

Yet Scunthorpe are embarrassing Oxford here and should have just had a blatant penalty

Watching Robinson's side today Im so glad he wasnt in charge for the Plymouth game!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

Wonder if Robinson will recognise the nailed on pen that the ref just missed for Scunny

Arsène Wenger Book of Coaching, Page One, Paragraph Two:

"I didn't see it."
  • Options
    Hope he’s got his formation right!
  • Options
    This is the most one sided game ive ever seen. Incredible really
  • Options

Silly silly oxford fans

Reading their forum most saying its not Robinsons fault,
    He inherited a poor squad and he will improve them in the summer

They'll learn soon enough.

• Options
    Bet Robinson feels at home with that booing
  • Options
    New (caretaker) manager bounce for Scunny.

No manager bounce for Oxford.
  • Options

Silly silly oxford fans

Reading their forum most saying its not Robinsons fault,
    He inherited a poor squad and he will improve them in the summer

Its a safe bet to say we won’t. He can change as many players as he likes, but he can’t change himself.
  • Options

Bet Robinson feels at home with that booing

Oxford fans will turn on Robinson and it won't be nice! My Cousin (a CAFC fan) lives in Oxfordshire and knows lot of Oxford fans and I've met some of them and they are mad!
  • Options
    Oxford 60% possession!